Transatlantics......

Kindlychap

Definition of transatlantic - see first post!  

76 members have voted

1. 1. Definition of transatlantic - see first post!

• Yes - it does include part of a longer cruise
    • No - it needs to be a complete trip in itself.

It was established in the Hedgehog News Journal that it did not visit any ports in Europe other than England before the swimming or crossing and that its ancestors could have been of Viking descent. This is far too important to cast aside as mere folly. Threadbare

"Mere folly"??? Someone of Viking descent??? On the other hand I don't count too many hedgehogs in my Viking ancestry. ;)

On the other hand Thread-y old friend, whatever it was you said above on the 25th, was pure brilliance...especially the part that included reference to me!!:rolleyes: The rest of it I'm still trying to deciphyr. Now then, did someone say "Bless you" to that sneeze?? If not it no doubt became that vaporized stuff you refer to.....

By the way????? The hedgehog?? He drowned...no one told him how far the US was from the UK, thus a failed attempt at a transatlantic.

I shall now go have a bit of a lie down....

Cheers, Penny

Penny’s Affair to Remember QM2 Review

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=471053

November 10,2007...the “Affair” continued...did it ever!

December 9, 2008....the “Affair” resumes again....Life is good!

By the way????? The hedgehog?? He drowned...no one told him how far the US was from the UK, thus a failed attempt at a transatlantic.

Not true!

I understand a Golden Rescue dog saved it, revived it and it is now recovering on the sands of West Palm Beach!

Or maybe it was a ginger cat. I'm not sure.

(anon)

Was the hedgehog called Edward, perchance?

Matthew

He drowned before i could ask his name...sorry Matthew.....

Cheers, Penny

Cheers, Penny

2008...THE AFFAIR" GOES TRANSATLANTIC

So when is this transatlantic?

Matthew

2008.....with some luck :D

Cheers, Penny

2008.....with some luck :D

Cheers, Penny

Any idea on dates? I'd hate to be on the following crossing, what with the replacing of the carpets etc.

Please, please, please, please make it a westbound. Okay?

I'd suggest that the 10th October would be good too! You'd be alongside the greatest ship in the world.

Alternatively, grab a cabin for that if one comes up!

Matthew

Any idea on dates? I'd hate to be on the following crossing, what with the replacing of the carpets etc.

Please, please, please, please make it a westbound. Okay?

I'd suggest that the 10th October would be good too! You'd be alongside the greatest ship in the world.

Alternatively, grab a cabin for that if one comes up!

Matthew

Still in the planning stages....lots to work out so I can say no more right now. Westbound would be lovely as we all know but maybe not possible. And I know you'd love to see me do QE2 but probably not a possibility....so she'll always be a lovely memory I didn't experience. But I've done so through all of you and that's a good thing.

Now then...as to that carpet removal....it's so hard to confine it to one area you know...they do insist so on dragging me off!!! See attached...ruthless people!!! No pity at all....I was thinking of making this my avatar...if I knew how to do such technical things!!!

Cheers, Penny

DSC04827_2.jpg.626525537443ca3a59493b64e097b80b.jpg

Still in the planning stages....lots to work out so I can say no more right now. Westbound would be lovely as we all know but maybe not possible. And I know you'd love to see me do QE2 but probably not a possibility....so she'll always be a lovely memory I didn't experience. But I've done so through all of you and that's a good thing.

Now then...as to that carpet removal....it's so hard to confine it to one area you know...they do insist so on dragging me off!!! See attached...ruthless people!!! No pity at all....I was thinking of making this my avatar...if I knew how to do such technical things!!!

Cheers, Penny

Penny, please no carpet scrathing on a TA, its not on, and are you quite sure those are your hands, mmmmmmmmmmm . I have seen the marks in the commodore club and someone said they are leaving them there as a sort of shrine.

rob

Penny, please no carpet scrathing on a TA, its not on, and are you quite sure those are your hands, mmmmmmmmmmm . I have seen the marks in the commodore club and someone said they are leaving them there as a sort of shrine.

rob

Rob...those are MY hands and those are MY marks in the Commodore Club....only fitting they should become a shrine after how hard I had to dig in and how many nails I broke in the process!!! :eek: :rolleyes:

And that is NOT my hedgehog!!! And my sweet Golden boy didn't rescue him either....

Cheers, Penny

You could call Cunard direct to see if there is anything available on QE2 4-12-08 Final payment is due January 13th over here, so something could open up. It is showing all wait listed right now, but anything is possible. Then the QM2 return on 4-22.

It's worth a shot!

And that is NOT my hedgehog!!! And my sweet Golden boy didn't rescue him either....

Cheers, Penny

That was threadfin with the Hedgehog.

Karie

I believe that was the exact hedgehog that I saw in Karie's dream. It was like: round, spiny, agile, whispy, polite, poised, perceptive, humorous, and really nifty! It is the perfect reproduction, the very same insectavore! What a coincidence! Mathew, Karie, Penny, and whomever, thank you for allowing Threadguppy to ramble on. Happy New Year to you all! Threadminnow

As I reflect upon my previous post the morning after, I am truly amazed at how five simple glasses of champagne could have such a titanic effect on my intellect. That I could infer all of those character traits from the mere drawing of a hedgehog is a tribute to the mind enhancing properties of the sparkling, bubbly beverage! Threadache

As I reflect upon my previous post the morning after, I am truly amazed at how five simple glasses of champagne could have such a titanic effect on my intellect. That I could infer all of those character traits from the mere drawing of a hedgehog is a tribute to the mind enhancing properties of the sparkling, bubbly beverage! Threadache

Poor Threadache....I had the same feeling as I read that post and I'd not had the benefit of 5 glasses of the bubbly to help me interpret it. However, as always, prose worthy of thought, if not repetition!!!!:rolleyes:

Suffer in silence..it's so noble....;)

Cheers, penny...blissfully headache free today

I considered our Westbound TA in May 07 to be a crossing. I met several delightful people on it who had done an EB TA then cruised the Med. and were on their way 'home' (they were all American) playing trivia in the pub. But as far as I was concerned, since my time on the ship was spent traversing the Atlantic with no stops, I was on a crossing.

Well, Penny, your prose is not only the perfect words but the perfect words in the perfect order! Threadsbetter

Why thank you Thread-y...I believe I'm flattered!!:)

It appears we aren't all that far apart parts of the year. I have a little beach place on Hutchinson Island just up the road from you. But I usually only go there in late spring and fall when the tourists are gone! Love the peacefulness then and the almost empty gorgeous beach.

Do hope the bubbly effects have worn off!;)

Cheers, Penny

A friend from Fox News in NY, whom I met in Churchill's on my 24 day voyage on the QM 2 from NY,to the Med. back to NY the summer before last is visiting here and we went out yesterday afternoon to partake of the fruit of the vine, I guess Stella's malt grows on a vine and is a fruit; anyway, I was telling him about the mega-sensational insectavore and the prospect of Mr. Hedgehog doing a transAtlantic swimming,crossing, sailing; so he asks me if I didn't mean hedge funds! Doesn't anybody understand? Thread

A friend from Fox News in NY, whom I met in Churchill's on my 24 day voyage on the QM 2 from NY,to the Med. back to NY the summer before last is visiting here and we went out yesterday afternoon to partake of the fruit of the vine, I guess Stella's malt grows on a vine and is a fruit; anyway, I was telling him about the mega-sensational insectavore and the prospect of Mr. Hedgehog doing a transAtlantic swimming,crossing, sailing; so he asks me if I didn't mean hedge funds! Doesn't anybody understand? Thread

Aw, Thready. You know I do! It's just that some people are visionaries, and some are not!

Karie

Aw, Thready. You know I do! It's just that some people are visionaries, and some are not!

Karie

And some are just plain delusional.....OOOPS...that would be me, sorry!:rolleyes:

Cheers, Penny

Archived