Where to Parasail

bouhunter

Liberty in about 6 weeks!!:)

I want to take my daugher parasailing in either Grand Cayman or Labadee. Any recommendations or suggestions on which one to choose? Book through RCCL or no?

Thanks!

I would go to 7 mile beach and parasail. It will be much less expensive. I am sure if you look at the "Ports of Call", you can find out where on 7 mile has the best parasailing. You will pay at least double to do the excursion through the ship.

We did it in Labadee and while we had a great time the swells were pretty bad and they cancelled it while we were in the air for other passengers so only have the excursion got to go and we were the first group of the day - I know they weren't able to get another group up that day.

The guides said any of us would likely have better luck and calmer waters on any of our other stops. Out of them I wouldn't do Jamaica, I would do Grand Cayman or Cozumel.

Granted the rough water could be an issue anywhere (the seas were also a bit rough in Cayman when we went) but I think Labadee tends to get bigger swells. It definitely seemed well run and organized in Labadee though so you may want to schedule it for Labadee (be one of the first groups of the day) and if it doesn't work then you can try for another island! :)

My DD had a blast, as did I, it was her first time doing it and my 2nd. The swells though did make us very sea sick so we ended up spending the rest of the day on the boat instead of Labadee, but I think that just happened to be our luck that day! :)

Archived