We're back! Mariner's 9-night western Caribbean cruise... any questions?

njreindeer

Hi everyone,

We'll post a full review in the next couple of days, but in the meantime, I'll try to answer any questions you have about Mariner & the western Caribbean itinerary. We were just on Mariner's Frances-extended 9-night cruise and got home safely late Tuesday night. Details to follow in the review, but Mariner of the Seas is eye-poppingly gorgeous with attention to detail that is almost unreal. Everywhere you turn, there's something new and beautiful and well-planned-out. Every member of the crew we encountered was smiling and helpful and willing to do whatever it took to make our cruise memorable.

While we're writing up a review, I'll be happy to answer any questions you have in the meantime.

Happy cruising! :)

I cruise on the Mariner on the Sept. 26 Western! I can only imagine how beautiful she is!

How was the food and service? Did you enjoy the entertainment and activities? What port was your favorite and why? Did you do any excursions? What room no. were you in and what category?

I guess I had better stop with the questions or you won't have anything left for your trip report!

Thanks and I am looking forward to reading your trip report!:)

Carol

gamomluvs2cruise -

The service in every dining area - Dining Room, Windjammer, Chops, Portofino's, Johnny Rockets - was outstanding, nothing was an imposition on the staff. We were in the Rhapsody in Blue Dining Room (Deck 3), table 302 (which was back by the kitchen but were fine with it), and we now consider our waiter Natasha (from South Africa) and assistant waiter Juan (from Mexico) friends, they were wonderful and always smiling, genuinely friendly and amazingly on the ball. We thought that the food in the Dining Room was good, out of this world in Chops and very good in Portofino's (definitely make reservations for Chops if you're a steak person, it was the best steakhouse we've ever been to). The burgers and malts in Johnny Rockets were soooooo tasty and well-worth the cover charge and the charge for the drinks (also enjoyed the waiters line-dancing to Stayin' Alive). The only less-than-wonderful food we encountered was in the Windjammer -- it was just OK across the board, nothing to write home about, although the fresh fruit was very good. It was amazing though how many different food items they offered, just make sure you keep walking around to all of the stations to see everything they have, you should be able to find something you like (although I'd stay away from the pre-made burgers and the pre-made scrambled eggs!).

We didn't go to many of the shows, but really really enjoyed the ice show, "Ice Under the Big Top." The colors and maneuvers were spectacular - I can't believe they landed so many triples in that small rink! Very high energy and engaging.

Oh, and we were on Deck 7, cabin #7562 -- very very happy with it, great balcony, close enough to the forward elevators, and even though we had a door adjoining to the cabin next door we barely heard a peep come through the entire 9 days.

ExaltHim -

We should have our review finished sometime this weekend. Keep an eye out for it! It was a wonderful cruise - Hurricane Frances glitches and all - and we can't wait to tell everyone about it. :)

njreindeer...thanks! I think that we will only try one of the specialty restaurants! I am really torn between the two! My sister said that she would rather have Italian. I think that I need to poll the other three women that are cruising with me before making the final decision! It does seem that most cruisers like Chops more.

I look forward to reading your full report!:)

Carol

Let me add to nj's report about the shows she didn't go to! ;)

I went to almost all of them every night except for one comedy show I didn't make. I don't know if all of the shows are always the same on all cruises, but on Monday night they had group called Tribute that performs a salute to The Temptations. Theywere fantastic! The production show on Tuesday night was called "Front Row" and was a broadway type show with the Royal Caribbean Singers and Dancers! This show is absolutely not to be missed! The 4 singers are Sandra, Evan, Kristin (sp?) and Nolan. All four of them are great, but Sandra and Evan are super! I don't know why Sandra is tucked away on a ship, she is super star quality. You just have to go see what I mean! Their "Pure Energy" show on Thursday night is good also, but not as great as the Tuesday show.

I second her opinion on the ice show! And, on Friday night, Sandra and Evan did a short show on the Promenade called "Summer Breeze Song Set". It was really good! As I said before, these two are a great duo!

I didn't make the Late Night Comedy Show on Monday night (adult themed) or the main Comedy show on Saturday night (I fell asleep on my aft balcony in my lounger chair), but I did get to hear about 10 minutes of comedy routines from both of those performers. The Monday night performer also did a short stint in the Sunday Welcome Aboard show, and the Saturday night performer did a 10 minute stint on our 8th day impromptu variety show!!!! Both were exremely funny and clean for the main shows.

Helen, feel free to copy the above to your review if you would like as I don't plan to write a full review.

Thanks njreindeer! We have cabin#7570 which looks to be just across the hall from yours!

Can you tell me, since you were on the opposite side as we will be, how did the sunrise and sunset work out for you on the balcony?

I would love to have breakfest with the sunrise, but not sure if we'll see it from our side.

Sounds like you had a great time!

Archived