Disney 2009 - Alaska

HiMagicFan

I am fairly new to Disney cruise. I have done one cruise and my friend did all the booking because we were traveling as a group.

Q: How do people book the 2009 cruises so early - straight off the web site?

Q: Are the cruises listed on the web site the only ones that will be available?

I have heard that Disney may do Alaska but have found no information regarding this.

Q: When does disney put out their 2009 schedule? I saw information on the Carribean but am wanting more info on possible future Med and Panama cruises.

I greatly appreciate your assistance in answering my questions.

I am fairly new to Disney cruise. I have done one cruise and my friend did all the booking because we were traveling as a group.

Q: How do people book the 2009 cruises so early - straight off the web site?

Yes they are on line and through TA's now.

Q: Are the cruises listed on the web site the only ones that will be available?

Yes, they have listed all of the 2009 cruises already.

I have heard that Disney may do Alaska but have found no information regarding this.

This has been speculated about for a few years now, many hope one of the new ships are going to do this. No news for this yet so it most likely would be 2011 or 2012 when the new ships are out.

Q: When does disney put out their 2009 schedule? I saw information on the Carribean but am wanting more info on possible future Med and Panama cruises.

Itis out now, not sure what date they released them, but I think a month or so ago. 2 new stops in 09.

I greatly appreciate your assistance in answering my questions.

Hope this helps some, I'm sure others will help you too.

mom x4,grandma x4

• 4 months later...

Mom x4, grandma x4

I owe you a big thanks for your follow up message. I am so very sorry I didn't answer sooner. I was lost in cyberland. Didn't want to be rude and not let you know my thanks for your answer. You are generous with info and having one person not respond when you were kind enough to do so is a bummer.

Sorry and thanks for the response.....appreciated!:):D:p

Mom x4, grandma x4

I owe you a big thanks for your follow up message. I am so very sorry I didn't answer sooner. I was lost in cyberland. Didn't want to be rude and not let you know my thanks for your answer. You are generous with info and having one person not respond when you were kind enough to do so is a bummer.

Sorry and thanks for the response.....appreciated!:):D:p

No appology necessary. ;) Hope it helped you some. DCL has some awesome cruises, I hope you decide to try it and have a magical cruise.

mom x4,grandma x4

I highly doubt one of the new ships would go to Alaska. For one thing - they are too big to fit through the Panama Canal. They also carry too many passengers. Royal Caribbean has the largest ships at sea with their Freedom-class ships. Even so - the largest ships RCI sails in Alaska are the 90,000 ton Radiance and Serenade of the Seas.

DCL will have people flocking to cruise on the new ships no matter where they go - so I think they will stay in Port Canaveral for awhile. The Magic and Wonder will do the different itineraries, to keep interest high and the ships full.

Just wanted to add to what I said above about the new Disney ships being too big to go through the Panama Canal. Mariner of the Seas is currently home ported in Port Canaveral, but will move to Los Angeles early in 2009. It is too big to go through the Panama Canal, so the ship is doing two 15-day cruises and one 16-day cruise around South America to get from Port Canaveral to Los Angeles: http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/search/vacationSearchResult.do;jsessionid=0000sE2pYv8pOMxfnJ5OCHuAWqF:12hdhua36?qvsHome=yes&cS=QVS&date=20091&dest=ANY&port=ANY&ship=MA&cruiseTourOnly=false&x=23&y=10 Once the ship is on the west coast, it will stay there. Ships that don't fit through the Panama Canal don't reposition twice a year between east and west coasts of the US as smaller ships do.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived