Anyone doing the 6 week body makeover?

JYeagersGrl

Carolyn~

I'm not sure about B's since I'm an A but you don't have to eat chicken. Chicken may be the recommended thing for the highest amount of weightloss but you can eat red meat, fish and other things as well. As a type A they recommend I eat mostly fish and I can't eat fish so I eat turkey, buffalo and chicken. The plan is similar to Atkins but does have some carbs which are considered good carbs. As far as exercise they suggest walking not running or anything. Mr. Thurmond considers walking on a treadmill or anywhere else the most effective fat burning exercise. I haven't had a chance to do the 18 minute workout either but from what I've read it is fairly easy and would most likely benefit your back problems. I personally think it is worth the money but you have to remember you are at a lower weight and would therefore no matter what program you do lose weight a lot slower than say me for instance who is 80lbs or so overweight. Those last 10-15lbs can be a real bugger to get off. If toning is what you want to do I'd defintely recommend this I've seen great results on the provida website in members profiles or I also will recommend the Firm tapes which I'm not sure if they would be too much for you but I've used them and seen some great transformations with that program. Lemme know if you have any other questions.

~Lisa

Lisa, Glad you cleared up the chicken thing. Was reading last night and came on this morning to get that straight. As far as the B type goes they really don't want you to eat too much (if any) red meat, but do add fish and seafood to the mix. That quick card lists mostly chicken and that's what I was looking at. Well so far so good, but am having trouble getting the little snacks in. Will continue to work on it as I don't want to get into the starvation mode. Am going to try to stay off the scales until Thursday. (From last Thurs to Sun gained 1 1/2#:eek: )Do you stick with the A/B fruits? Of course, my favorites are the C fruits. May have to cheat on that a little-rather get them in then not eat them at all.

Here is my basic menu day after day I find having a strict regime helps me most:

B-fast:

Chicken

Rice

Snack:

Chicken

Peach

Lunch:

Carrots

Chicken

Rice

Snack:

Chicken

Apple

Dinner:

Chicken

Rice

Carrots

I have never eaten the optional PM snack. I'm giving myself till after the funeral and then I'm starting back up on the plan I think. It's just hard to lug all my food around for the next two days and I don't wanna be like oh time to eat in the middle of the funeral. My weight is still down from last week and I'm just watching what I'm eating and trying to get in 100 oz of water. To see what you can eat write everything you like and what type it is down on a post it or a piece of paper and put it in your notebook you can find everything you can eat in the infinite menu planner. The same thing is true with red meat and Type A's they highly discourage eating it which is alright cause the only meat considered red that I eat is buffalo but that's considered a type B protein. If you have an questions or are confused just lemme know. Also it's helpful to stay away from the recipe cards they give you cause alot of them contain things you can't have even though it says its okay for your body type. Just make sure to double check EVERYTHING when using recipes.

Not going to try recipes yet, although there are some good sounding recipes on the board.:D Am working my way into the plan. Had chicken today for lunch, but had some steak for supper. Did have more veggies than usual (eggplant that was great) and a small yam. Had some grapes since I was going walking. Haven't quite figured out the carbs or fruit or whatever before excercising--went for a walk. Viewed the accelerated sculpting tape. Also have the advance one, but will get into the original routine first then add the advanced. Sorry if I am rambling.

Your plan sounds very organized and I will get into something similar soon I hope. Sorry to sound so nonchalant about the whole thing-but am working hard at the no sugar, no bread thing and getting in all that water. Don't think I can get down 30#s in 6 weeks, but would be thrilled with 12#s:)

Sorry I've been a bad buddy things have been really hectic. I'm starting back on the plan monday but can't do exercise other than the 18 minute workout cause my foot is all messed up from my doctors appointment today so now I have to walk on the side of my foot which can't be good. Wed and Thursday went alright very sad days and my fiance tried to hold back tears but he eventually lost it after almost breaking my fingers cause he was squeezing them so hard in an attempt to fight the tears. I was gonna start the diet back up today but with the funeral and then aunt flo arriving and my foot I'm just gonna wait till monday.

Hope all is well with you and things are going smoothly. Your first week is quickly coming to an end can't wait to hear the results.

~Lisa.

P.S. I am currently wearing a pair of pants which were snug before I started the 6wbm and even though the scale says I gained a little they are now lose and very comfortable.

Sorry things have been so hectic and sad for you. Makes it difficult to try to stick to a new WOE. I'm sure your SO was glad to have you near, it can be so hard for them to show emotion.

Don't worry, I wasn't concerned about you not answering-just hoping everything was OK.

Glad the pants are looser. Doing OK. Have only done some walking. Watched the excersize tape, but haven't done it yet. Just haven't made the time. Am down weighed yesterday, but am going to try to stay off the scale until Sunday.

Continued good luck.

Backtracked over the weekend. Am trying to get back into the mode. Lost 2.6. Gained from Thursday to Sunday-guess its weekend overeating (not sticking to the plan). Am a little dissappointed with my self. Did make it to the Y twice and walked with a friend 3x. Have started the band workout. It's not too bad. Did lose some inches:D . Was surprised about that. On another positive note-am not drinking the soft drinks that I was and am getting lots of water in!

Glad you are feeling better.:)

Glad to hear your losing inches! I still haven't touched the band exercises really. I'm doing really bad with the no dairy thing I find I crave dairy A LOT!

*REMEMBER* Sometimes we focus to much on weight loss in pounds when we lose inches more often. Don't get upset if you don't lose weight but are losing inches.

I'm going out to eat tonight so hopefully I'll do well.

Have a good day.

~Lisa

So far I haven't missed anything as much as I thought I would, however, I have cheated and had bread with a sandwich when out for lunch with my mom. Thought I would miss the sweets, but it hasn't been so bad. Think part of it is a mind set. With all the water I don't miss the cokes. So these are all postitive things. The hardest thing for me is to get the proteins in. BTW, I did like the way they told you what all you can have. There may have been one line where they said what was off limits, don't think I would have noticed no diary. Very good marketing the positives and staying away from the negatives.

Good luck eating out tonight! I'm sure you will keep things in the plan.

Hi you guys!!! Well...this is the first time i have been able to post since it seems everyone else is doing WW or Atkins or SB......I did MT 6 WBMO a couple yeasr ago...did really well on it...then I sort of strayed..took 2 years to gain back the weight I had lost...was feeling really down in the dumps after hurricane Charley...watching an Extreme makover and in walks Michael Thurmond! That did it..next day I was back on plan...so much easier this time around. I lost 7 lbs in the first week!

Tomorrow will be my 6th week and as of today I am down a total of 16 lbs in 6 weeks!!! I figure if I keep this up I'll be at goal by Christmas!!

The best part is..I have only now started an excersize routine..with all these hurricanes it has been very difficult to have any kind of a normal routine at all!!!

Looks like this weekend will be a nice one and hopefully we won't be dealing with these storms again for this year.

The Providia web site is awesome and especially for recipe ideas :)

I think ,at least for me, that the thing that i absolutly have to do is pre-prepare all my meals....makes it so much easier :)

Kruz~

Welcome! The reason I bought the program is the same reason why you started back on the program! I was watching that show and was really inspired by the results they got so I bought the program. I've been trying to be on the program but have had other problems with deaths and sickness but this is my first week back so I'm hoping I will do well.

~Lisa

Lisa and cruiseintwinsmom(?)......I will deifinitly stick around! To me this is by far the easiest way to lose weight and to top it off...you get such great health benefits out of the whole thing! I think my absolute biggest problem is/was with salt...but the other day I had 2 potatoe chips and I had to spit them both out!!! The salt was just disgusting!!!

What I like to do to prepare is get 2 lbs of chopped turkey....I make 1 lb into a spagetti meat sauce and the other into a chilli......this way all week I have something to have for lunch. I also make up a big pot of rice ( I tried this stuff called Jasmin rice..really good) and I add a few drops of coconut flavoring to it :)

I also like to get a ton and a half of chicken, boneless, skinless...brown it ( I use a tiny bit of Pam) don't think it will hurt...then dump in a couple cans of unsweetened pinappple chunks...cover and let it slow cook for a nice long time.....then about 1/2 hour before you are ready to serve add in a couple onions and green peppers.:)

I really like to mix up my meals so I don't get bored and think I am on a diet!!

I can send a couple other recipes I have done if you like...

Kruz, Thanks for the suggestions. They are very helpful.

Lisa, Good luck at weigh in.

Do y'all have a good suggestion for getting in the protein in the am. I think if I could get my day off to a better start it would help me stick to the plan. I'm not particularly fond of egg white, for me the yolk is what it's all about.

Was down 1.2 this week. I know that's not a big WOW, but at least it's in the right direction.

Yes...I too can't stomach the egg whites....I have 2 slices of turkey bacon with my breakfast for my protien. Any type of meat would do but the turkey bacon is very low fat, low sodium...so that has been my choice for quite some time. I also have 2 tablespoons of oats with water and add my choice of frozen fruit. This makes a good wholesome and filling breakfast! Plus something I actually have time to prepare and eat before going to work!

Saturday I made a big pot roast so we'll have a bunch of leftovers all week long too!

I browned the roast in some Pam....cut up an onion and added 2 cups of water and 2 packets of Very Low Sodium (5 gr!) of beef bullion...Herb Ox makes it and a life saver it is!

I also add a splash of Kitchen Bouquet.

Let all this slow cook for as long as you want...then about 1/2 hour before you want to eat add celery,carrots and potatoes! Yum!@!!

1.2 lbs is great..specially since it is going the other way!!!

In the first 6 weeks I was down 16 lbs..which I am very happy with since my one saving grace on this plan is a planned cheat! Every Friday without fail I eat a couple slices of pizza!!! Plain or Veggie but it keeps me on the straight and narrow the rest of the week knowing that I will cheat on Friday night! I suppose I could be down another 4-5 lbs wihtout that cheat but I figure it took me a good long time to gain all this weight that it will take some time to lose too!

Me too...ewwwwww...I even tried making those egg white cookies YUCK...

I did find a great place that makes an awesome egg white veggie omlet..once in a while on Sundays my Mom and i treat ourselves....but when I make them at home they are aweful!

How many weeks are you guys at and how are you doing?

Bought some turkey bacon today. Thanks for the suggestion!

I'm into my third week. Haven't been as strict with it as I should have. Am trying to do better this week. Have been walking with a friend or at the Y-so am getting in the excercise. Until Friday, was doing pretty well with the water, however, Friday I was all day at an art fair and am not into port-a-potties, so didn't drink and guess what, it has been hard to get back into it. So today, I am doing better with the water. Now it is a matter of sticking with the eating plan, it's going better today. So far, as of Sunday, I'm down 3.8# after 2 weeks. Hopefully weigh in will be better on Sunday. (Also weighing in on Thursday's for the DEW pledge). For some unknown reason to me, my weight is usually more down on Thursdays than on Sundays. Obviously, I'm doing something different over the weekend.

Boy..I hear you with those port a potties!!! Sometimes for something different I put a Star Anise seed in my water to give it a flavor...helps me get it downbetter. Also since hot stuff is added to alot of the stuff we eat I find it helps me drink alot more water as well!

3.8 in 2 weeks is not bad at all!!!!

Here's a quick "snack"...has everything you need in it...I get bags of spinich...anyway, use 1/2 bad and a small roma tomoato cut up..stick it in the microwace for 2 min.

add 2 slices of crumbled turkey bacon and top with vinegar YUMMMM.....

I found a vinegar I really like called Alessi White Balsamic vinegar!

Whats the DEW pledge?

There's another thread about it. D--Diet E--Excercise W--Water. You pledge to lose so much weight by Jan. 6 (or some time close to that, don't remember exactly). Don't have to tell anyone your weight, then each Thursday, say if you are down, up, or stay the same.There is a new thread each Thursday for weigh in.

OK..I'll go look for it! Thanks!!!

I'd like to be down about 30 more pounds by then!!

I am so happy it is slightly cool down here today! It's the kind of cool where fall is in the air and I feel like taking a walk!

What a summer it has been...sure hope we never have another like this one!

Archived