How long of a walk for cave tubing?

bearswife

The length of the walk depends on which tour operator you use. If your tour operator uses a large bus, you will have to park further away, and hence the longer walk. If you are worried about the length of the walk, I'd suggest finding a tour operator that uses a minivan to get you closer to the beginning.

The length of the walk depends on which tour operator you use. If your tour operator uses a large bus, you will have to park further away, and hence the longer walk. If you are worried about the length of the walk, I'd suggest finding a tour operator that uses a minivan to get you closer to the beginning.

I booked it with cave-tubing.com and I hear they are great according to CC but I was wondering about the walking. I'm not in the best shape but I can handle maybe a 20 minute walk or so. I had 13 surgeries and don't want to be a burden. Thanks

We went with cave-tubing.com; our walk was 30-40 minutes. I'm 62 and didn't think it was very hard, but I do a lot of walking for exercise. The path is dirt with some roots, rocks, and up and down places. We climbed down one rocky area; a couple of spots were a little slick as it had rained the day before. The pace was fairly slow. We had all sizes and levels of fitness in our group.

I seem to remember that our group was asked if we wanted to walk a little farther so that we could go through an extra cave; we did choose to do that.

I didn't need the help, but the guides will carry your tubes for you if necessary. I do think you need to be able to walk longer than 20 minutes.

We went with cave-tubing.com; our walk was 30-40 minutes. I'm 62 and didn't think it was very hard, but I do a lot of walking for exercise. The path is dirt with some roots, rocks, and up and down places. We climbed down one rocky area; a couple of spots were a little slick as it had rained the day before. The pace was fairly slow. We had all sizes and levels of fitness in our group.

I seem to remember that our group was asked if we wanted to walk a little farther so that we could go through an extra cave; we did choose to do that.

I didn't need the help, but the guides will carry your tubes for you if necessary. I do think you need to be able to walk longer than 20 minutes.

Thanks for the info. Maybe I should start walking more at home and try to build myself up a bit. Thanks again. I will have to think this one over.

We just did this the other day w/cavetubing.com. I was worried too about the walk but it wasnt too bad(maybe about 35 minutes) but for me it was more of a hike than a walk. The walking distance is not based on what size bus youre in its based on how far in you hike to make the tubing experience last longer. We hiked through one dry cave and tubed through two-hence the further hike to get to the further cave. It was worth it but if youre thinking about walking @ home to prepare yourself it may be a good idea. I have to say that it was much more fun than I anticipated and the cavetubing.com guys were very professional and hard working along w/ being a lot of fun. Enjoy!!!

. . . it isn't the same as walking on a treadmill for forty-five minutes. When we used to visit Mammoth Cave, KY, fairly regularly, the tour was four and a half hours long, but no one seemed to notice it. Cave tubing is perhaps the most popular exercise available in Belize, and the bottom line is that it is easy and fun. ;)

The walk to the start of the tubing is longer than back to the parking lot because on the way you cross the river at the spot where you end your tubing. The hardest part of the walk is after the river crossing where you are walking up some limestone paths along walls and have to step up and down a bit. You don't do this section after the tubing.

Some tours do one cave and some do two caves, so the time would be longer to walk to the second cave. We did one and the first walk was around 25 min. 10 or 15 back to the bus. It had rained the night before our tubing and we were all walking slowly on mud.

The cave-tubing guys carried our tubes too...once we got to the part where you cross the river they collected all of our tubes and carried them the rest of the way. The walk wasnt bad at all. A couple of hilly places and it was pretty easy.

cave-tubing.com is basically word of mouth advertising...they get a lot of their business from Cruise critic and other boards like it. They said they have NEVER...EVER....missed a ship. They have a back up bus in case they blow a tire or have problems with the bus that you are on. They pride themselves on their punctuality, because if they arent, they lose business. They have a whole time line and they stick to it. We got back in enough time to eat and shop and had extra time left after that, AND part of our group did the ATV tour as well so it took longer.

They are on the ball and when I go to Belize again, I'll be using them again for sure.

Archived