What NOT to pack

xcluex

[quote name='Zukeeper4']Clothespins, there is a clothesline in the bathroom that you can use to hang up your wet swim wear or whatever else you want to rinse out....lie those undies someone said to leave behind!! Jan[/quote]

Clothespins are also great for clipping on the bottom of the shower curtain to weight it down so it doesn't stick to you while you are showering.

[quote name='huskerdude']Only 22 days and you have not started packing yet? :eek:
By now we would have packed & unpacked about twice.:D [/quote]

We always pack the night before and don't even make a list. We have never missed anything.

[quote name='xcluex']Thanks to all, will probably bring the power strip, not the bungee cords, and still on the fence about the snorkel gear.

[COLOR=red]Bungee cord to keep balcony door open is a must. The power strip extension cord, also a must.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=red]I didn't bring the snorkeling gear last time but I did bring our 2 swimways, my nose clip and my goggles. DH brought all the scuba gear including wet suit and mesh bag. An upper respiratory problem kept me from the compressed air but I was glad I could put on the goggles and relax on the "swimway" floaty thingy while DH went scuba. I saw some pretty blue fish right there at the pier of the Eden Rock and didn't need flippers since I was laying on the floaty sideways. [/COLOR]

And to my dear fiance who revealed my unfortunate shoe packing habit to all, you are at the top of my list of what not to bring:p.[/quote]

[COLOR=red]You have my DH's sense of humor, I see. You are both in for a great life together...we've been married 34 years now and there's rarely a dull moment. Have fun you will!:p [/COLOR]

[SIZE=4][COLOR=red][B]TIP: We always take a yard or so of duct tape wrapped around a pencil; that takes very little space and it's still sticky. [/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]
[SIZE=4][COLOR=red][/COLOR][/SIZE]

[quote name='mprucha']We didn't find the air freshener needed at all
The clock wasn't needed.....the phone in the room worked fine for alarm
Aloe is a must
Night light isn't necessary unless you're in an inside cabin[/quote]
How much of our own pop (pepsi) can we bring, Can I bring my own Rum??
Small amount.....Pint, Quart?
If so in my carry on or luggage rapped real good.

[quote name='huskerdude']Only 22 days and you have not started packing yet? :eek:
By now we would have packed & unpacked about twice.:D

As far as what & not to take...... Well sometimes you just have to live & learn. We have always taken duct tape but only used it once. Never used bungee cords, or a power strip though, although we still take them. :confused:
I agree though the snorkel gear would definitely take up extra space.[/QUOTE]

Geeze.....we cruise tomorrow and we just started to pack today!!
I'm not sure if I should pack more warm weather clothes or cool weather. So, I am definitely packing more than I need because I'm packing some for each kind of clothes.

[quote name='hammer161264@sbcglobal.ne']How much of our own pop (pepsi) can we bring, Can I bring my own Rum??
If so in my carry on or luggage rapped real good.[/QUOTE]

Perhaps like Eminem or DC Hammer...LOL!!

or perhaps the 0p meant "wrapped"?

Sorry, couldn't resist this one.

Seriously...if you plan on packing it in your luggage, wrap in bubble wrap, and then in a good ziploc bag, or two. The sodas, we always carry on with us when we board.

[quote name='tropical.dreams']I'm going against the grain here and say TAKE YOUR EXTENSION CORD/POWER STRIP!

Our hairdryer/flat iron/curling iron cords did NOT stretch long enough from the outlet to be able to sit on the counter so we could sit at the table and use the mirror to do our hair.[/quote]

Have to agree..........take the power strip. I have and used it every time. I also always take a little fan with me. Need those extra outlets.

[quote name='crdtrnr']Perhaps like Eminem or DC Hammer...LOL!!

or perhaps the 0p meant "wrapped"?

Sorry, couldn't resist this one.

Seriously...if you plan on packing it in your luggage, wrap in bubble wrap, and then in a good ziploc bag, or two. The sodas, we always carry on with us when we board.[/quote]
Thanks for the fast reply.
Hammer Time LOL
I get it all the time.
Hammer

I'll reitterate that its mucho important to take a power strip!

I would also recommend Tide to Go or shout wipes or even the Tide travel thingys (found in the travel section of the big discount store) where you csan wash in a sink. Definately came in handy on our first cruise.

Meds - tylenol, tummy stuff, anti-diahreah etc.

[quote name='hammer161264@sbcglobal.ne']How much of our own pop (pepsi) can we bring, Can I bring my own Rum??
If so in my carry on or luggage rapped real good.[/quote]

my last cruise, i got the 12 oz plastic bottles of pepsi to take. along with some speciality water. packed it in it's own suitcase and checked it with checked luggage. arrived in one piece, no busted bottles, etc.

i did not trust bring alcohol except for some champange which I gave to our birthday Marine on our curise group.

as for the air freshner spray, keep in bathroom for those times when #2 stinks up the cabin. Only time we really used it was then.

I did not use the clock for an alarm. HEY i am on vaca, i don't want to get up if I don't have too, but found it useful in the middle of the night when I needed to know what time it was because of meds, and as a reminder as to what time to take my meds.

I dont carry my cell phone on the ship. I turn it off when i get on board, and turn it on when we hit port at the end of the cruise, so the clock on it and the alarm on it does me no good. plus i can not hear them.

I carried my own laundry soap and fabric softner to do laundry with n the middle of the cruise. That way, I did not have to pack so many clothes. Since we just do shopping in the ports, no exchursions, we go back to the ship, and do laundry while the ship is empty. OR late at night when everyone is at the shows, and the laundry rooms are empty. Plus your cabin does not get stinky from dirty socks, pants, etc.

Happy sailing

Archived