Back from 12/16 Wonder - TIPS

resstation

Hi all -

Thanks for all the great information on these boards before our trip. Some of the tips were outstanding.

We had a great time with just a few bumps along the way...

My first tip would be not to let your key card get in contact with your driver license, credit cards or camera. In some cases it will deactivate your key card and you won't be able to open your room door. The shops and other areas can easily put your room number into the computer. It takes a little longer but the real problem with it will be getting into your room.

When we were eating at Palo (FANTASTIC FOOD) we were paged by the Oceaneers Lab. Since our son rarely calls for us, if at all, we knew something was up. We picked him up and he said that he was repeatedly refused water. Once was when he was walking up to the water fountain in the lab and they had to transition to a new area (understandable), then when they got to the new area the counselor said he would have to wait until the next transition. My son was at Castaway Cay in the water all day long. His lips were red from the salt water and he was REALLY thirsty. I can understand if he were asking for soda or was being a pest about water every 10 minutes, but he was SO thirsty he drank a bottle and a half of water when we got back to the room. I was NOT the least bit happy about this - especially since we had to gobble down half of our entree at Palo and get the dessert to go. I did describe this on the comment card. Who knows if they will read it. (Our son is 8 years old).

Another tip would be not to purchase the water and cooler when you get off the boat at Castaway Cay. We purchased it as we exited for $24 and found that there were water "stations" everywhere on the island. Unless you MUST have bottled water, the water at the stations was just fine.

Try not to miss the fireworks on Pirate night. That was a highlight for me. My son and husband were in the stateroom and I video taped it for them but being there was magical.

DO NOT get the metabolism test at the spa unless you want to be asked to buy $600 worth of "detox" products. That was a huge disappointment. I really don't like sales of this kind when I'm on vacation.

We did the rasul treatment. It was the first time for both of us. My husband really liked the steam room area and I really couldn't stand it. I thought I was going to choke from the heat so I stayed mainly on the shower side. It was relaxing though and the exfoliating rub was amazing. Our skin was SO soft. Oh, you have to KEEP pushing the shower button because its on a timer (a few seconds - maybe 20). That was annoying.

Our server, Francisco, and our assistant server, Sam were INCREDIBLE human beings. They were spectacular and kind and efficient and sweet and helpful and and and.... Francisco knows his wines too. Outstanding service in the restaurants.

It is helpful to bring those suction cup soap holders for the showers. It gave us extra room for our toiletries. For ladies with long hair, bring your own travel hair dryer. The dryer in the room is VERY weak. I brought mine along with an electrical plug adapter that adapts to several outlets because the dryer would not work in the bathroom and the plug was too big to fit at the desk. I put the adapter on the desk plug and could then plug in my dryer.

Bingo was $30-$35 for a "six pack" sheet. I lost every time but it was fun.

I'm sure I'll think of more later. If you have any questions, please let me know. I'll try to answer what I can.

Hi! I was on this same cruise with you. I had great servers this time too. Much different than my last cruise! The weather was rough the first night but it doesn't ever bother me. We had a great time but it was cold on Castaway Cay I thought. The day at sea was the only day that it was warm enough for me.

My first Disney cruise and I'll have to say it met all expectations. The sail away party was a blast for my 7 year old son. He thoroughly enjoyed the Oceaneers Club especially on Castaway Cay. We've never left him with anyone other than his nanny who was also w/us on the trip. I was nervous but having a beeper and them allowing us to check on him was great. The fact that food & beverage was available pretty much the whole day was a huge surprise. The strawberries were amazing!

Our food was great in the restaurants. Servers were off a bit.

I agree with the blow dryer. That was the only negative comment I put on the comment card.

Seas were normal to me. Going out was a little rough. I thought the weather was exceptional. I was prepared for the worst! The fact that you could even get in the ocean was thrilling to me!

We did the Atlantis day trip in Nassau. I thought at first that the price was outrageous but you get your moneys worth! The lazy river is to die for. Don't know why they call it "lazy" river because it's wild!!! Rapids, etc. FYI, you can go directly to the hotel and buy a day pass for $100 vs Disney's $150. But you should also factor in the cost of a taxi, lunch, etc. that is included in Disney's $150.

Shows on the cruise are fabulous. Don't miss a one!

The guys at guest relations were awesome. I dropped off unusually sized picture mats for signatures and tried to tip them and they refused!!! The mats turned out awesome!

I can't wait for my next one!

That reminds me of another tip! Do not pay the cruise line price for the trip to Aquaventure at Atlantis! The taxi ride to Atlantis is $4 each. Before you leave for your cruise, reserve a room at Atlantis and EVERYONE in your room gets into Aquaventure for free. We rented a room for $129 (I was checking for specials for about 6 weeks ahead of time). All four of us got to get into Aquaventure for free, shower before we left for the ship and even made some coffee and tea in the room. It was great. Don't wait to rent the room when you get there because they were going for $335 per night. They know that the cruise ships are in. (Although it still would have been a deal for the four of us).

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the review

1. The water issue is completely unacceptable. IMO, it ruined your nice dinner and there is no harm in asking for a drink of water.

I own a school and if a child is thristy and asks for water I get it for him/her maybe not quickly if I am busy, but within 2-3 minutes.

I would have brought the issue up with whoever was incharge in the kids area right then and there. Usually, when you are thirsty your body is telling you that you are dehydrated.

2. Yeah, I fell for the detox "treatment" once as well. ;)

Archived