Galveston parking/traffic troubles?

margeecruiser

I sure hope not, but I'm going in with an open mind that there will be alot of traffic, that way, if it is light, I'll be happy. We've been there before when there were 3 ships in port and I don't remember it being any more busy than it usually is. I think we are leaving our car at the Hilton, so we'll let someone else do the driving.

The Voyager will be sailing from Terminal Two, the Conquest from Terminal One. They're separated by quite a bit of real estate so I suspect that you won't experience any more traffic than normal getting to the terminal.

Galveston has quite a bit of experience handling multiple cruise ships. I wouldn't worry to much about traffic.

Having said that, I'd try to get there fairly early, 10:30-ish to ensure a good place to park.

We are going on Voyager on Jan. 27 sailing. Both Voyager and Conquest will be disembarking and embarking passengers at the same time. Any thoughts on the traffic problems, traffic jams, etc. Just want to be prepared.:o

I'm a cruiser AND a part-time limo driver and I'm been to the Galveston cruise terminal many times. Although the port area can be somewhat congested, especially while waiting to turn left in to the complex, for the most part it should not be much of a problem. Certain times of the day DO have more traffic than others, though. Just be sure to obey all traffic commands given to you by the Galveston Police and port authority officers. I once got yelled at for going 12 mph in a 10 mph zone. Oops.

I'd be happy to answer any & all questions anyone has about the whole Galveston process.

margeecruiser...I'm on your cruise!!!! Also on the 1/20 cruise.

Archived