budapest pier and airport transfers

cruiserrn

Does anyone know the distance and how to get from the pier in Budapest to the airport? We will end our Viking River Cruise in Budapest and are not sure which hotel will be most convenient.

cruiserrn - Zonataxi has regulated rates to the airport. Your hotel concierge can call them for you. The hotels that are near the Budapest atttractions are not near the airport. For enjoying Budapest I would get a hotel in central Pest near a subway station. Clean, cheap, efficient, and English signs as well.

Read my posts about this at:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=645975

WIT

Check out the Marriott Millenium Executive Apartments on Tripadvisor. The reviews were excellent and what a bargain.We stayed here for 2 nights before our river cruise last summer and it was close enough that we were able to walk to our ship pulling our luggage behind. It was only about a 2 block walk.We had a really good rate at this hotel that we booked thru tripadvisor of only 119 euro per night incl breakfast but I have heard others say the rates have gone up since then.I wouldn't be surprised as it was a terrific bargain at the time.We took the airport shuttle from the airport to the hotel and it was only about $25.00 usd.You can also take the ZONA taxi and it will only be about 35 euro.The Zona taxi is the one approved by the airport. Do not hail a taxi on the street.

Good advice from Letsgo39, have your hotel concierge get Zonataxi for your ride to the airport. We stayed at the Sofitel - could hardly have had a more central location, unless at the Komensky - even more central. By that I mean near a subway which puts you anywhere in Budapest for 1.37US. Taxis are only needed to go out of the - to the airport. Otherwise Budapest is very walkable,

WIT

We are flying into Budapest end of October for a Budapest to Paris River Cruise. Staying at the Kempinski Hotel, booked with Amadeus. We booked our transfer airport to hotel with Viator.com. Since 4 of us with mini van was cheaper than and although you prepay, it's US Dollars not euros.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Letsgo39 - You are very informative. Do you recall which company you used for the airport shuttle in Budapest? It appears that there are a number of companies that operate minivan shuttles to and from the airport with rates from approximately $13 to $50 a person, and we would want to use on that is dependable and trustworthy. Also, do you have any restaurant recommendations in Budapest? Thanks.

I do not remember the name but the booth is located in the arrival hall right next to the Zona Taxi booth on the right side as you are facing them.Be sure to make your arrangement at the kiosk and ignore anyone who comes up to you offering transportation. You pay at the booth,cc OK,sit down on some benches to wait right there and the driver will come to get you when he is ready to leave.There was 2 women working at the shuttle bus booth and nobody was in the Zona taxi booth.We were very pleased with the rates for the shuttle bus. Could not have been easier.

Here is a review on Frommers for the Central Kavehaz.

http://www.frommers.com/destinations/budapest/D49611.html

As far as the airport shuttle the only thing I could find was on the Airport web site. It is simply called Airport Mini bus and the phone number is 01 296 8555. It said it is a transport to the city from the airport so I really don't know if it goes both ways. Our cruise line,Avalon,had a signup sheet for everyone that needed transport to the airport or hotels after the cruise.For those going to the airport Avalon provided the transportation via busses. For those going to hotels they called taxis for those who wanted them. We were able to stay onboard in the lounge until 10:AM.

Archived