Nail salon near Port Everglades

loriva

In researching on the departure boards prior to our recent trip, I'd seen a couple of people ask about beauty and/or nail salons near the port in Ft. Lauderdale. Did not see a response, so here's what I found--at least on the nail front--on our late November day in Ft. Lauderdale.

The excellent receptionist at the Renaissance Hotel on 17th, Debbie, recommended and then called and made an appointment for me for me for a manicure and pedicure at: “A Thing for Nails” (954-767-8877, Monica) in the Portside Shops on 17th. A typical stripmall-type nail salon, but it seemed clean enough and the work was fine--the polish job on the manicure lasted through my 10-day cruise and the polish on my toes is still going strong nearly a month out. And at $30 (plus $7 tip) for the mani/pedi together versus $45 and $65, respectively, for the same services on board the Coral Princess, it was time well spent.

• 1 year later...
In researching on the departure boards prior to our recent trip, I'd seen a couple of people ask about beauty and/or nail salons near the port in Ft. Lauderdale. Did not see a response, so here's what I found--at least on the nail front--on our late November day in Ft. Lauderdale.

The excellent receptionist at the Renaissance Hotel on 17th, Debbie, recommended and then called and made an appointment for me for me for a manicure and pedicure at: “A Thing for Nails” (954-767-8877, Monica) in the Portside Shops on 17th. A typical stripmall-type nail salon, but it seemed clean enough and the work was fine--the polish job on the manicure lasted through my 10-day cruise and the polish on my toes is still going strong nearly a month out. And at $30 (plus $7 tip) for the mani/pedi together versus $45 and $65, respectively, for the same services on board the Coral Princess, it was time well spent.

I was in Ft. Lauderdale for my Carnival Miracle cruise in Feb 2009 and went toA Thing For Nails. Monica did an incredible job on my manicure/pedicure. The pedicure still looks marvelous after 1 month! And, the cost is still $30!

I was in Ft. Lauderdale for my Carnival Miracle cruise in Feb 2009 and went toA Thing For Nails. Monica did an incredible job on my manicure/pedicure. The pedicure still looks marvelous after 1 month! And, the cost is still $30!

Thanks for posting this, always good to know. You never know when you might need a repair job or just didn't have time to do it before.

Laura

• 2 years later...
  • 2 months later...

Archived