Hurricane-caused cruise problems??

smudge's mom

[QUOTE=smudge's mom]I am surprised I haven't found any postings for those of you who've returned from cruises and experienced changes in itineraries, etc., due to the horrible weather.

Am I looking in the wrong place?[/QUOTE]
I think they had changed itinerary but great weather...At least that's what Zuiderdam people told me.

Last week cruisers had nice extended cruise so I don't think you'll hear many complaints... We should wait for this week cruisers to complain. ;)

[b][font=Comic Sans MS]I believe Century was the only Celebrity ship affected by the hurricane last week. There have been some posts about it, the people that were already onboard got extra days to cruise and the people on the next cruise got credits and discounts on a future cruise, so no one seemed to be very upset about the whole thing.[/font][/b]

[b][font=Comic Sans MS]Terri[/font][/b]

the following was taken from celebrity's web site concerning an itinerary change for this saturday's cruise

[i][b]Century[/b][/i] will sail a modified itinerary due to Hurricane Ivan. It will depart Port Everglades on Saturday. It will spend the day at sea on Sunday; make a port call in Belize City, Belize, on Monday; make a port call in Costa Maya, Mexico, on Tuesday; make a port call in Cozumel, Mexico, on Wednesday; make a port call in Georgetown, Cayman Islands, on Thursday; spend the day at sea on Friday; and return to Port Everglades on Saturday, September 18.

Cayman Islands? Isn't Ivan heading there today?

Anyway - the cruise industry must be in a mess - trying to plan for any Carribean stops during all this uncertainty; and Florida's tourism industry must be suffering greatly - no one knows from day to day what is going to happen. I am betting Florida is getting mass travel cancellations every day.

Three hurricanes in Florida in one season - in one month - those poor people!! :(

[i][font=Lucida Sans Unicode][size=3][color=indigo]If you ignore the commentary about why I posted the topic, there are some interesting tidbits about the 7-night Century cruise that became a 9-night cruise thanks to Hurricane Frances![/color][/size][/font][/i]

:) [i][font=Lucida Sans Unicode][size=3][color=#4b0082]Jill :) [/color][/size][/font][/i]

Archived