Cave Tubing?

CRUZFOOLS

. . . someone will be at the pier! Of course not all of them will have sponsored advertising on CC, so they cannot all be recommended by name here without Administrative Intervention . . . . ;)
Your information is incorrect. Members can ask for information about any tour operator. Advertising on Cruise Critic has nothing to do with it. The rule is that you can't give unsolicited tour operator recommendations. But members can ask about ANY tour company.

Yup, you sure can join up when you get to Belize. When I confirmed my reservation, they told me that I could bring anyone from the ship that might want to join up. Id still contact them to find out where they will be so you can find the right people. You can check out my review of them here: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=674178

While the depth of the water varies according to rainfall, the geology of the caves, and so forth, you are essentially floating on a tube much like a cork would, at the very surface of the water all the time. It would be hard to imagine a safer mode of conveyance, or a safer adventure--if you listen to the tour guides!

Are lifejackets available?

We were just cave tubing on Christmas Eve. All of the tubes have life jackets attached, but I saw few people using them. The water was pretty shallow, so our biggest trouble was keeping out bottoms up so they didn't knock into rocks.

Re: committing. Although we booked on-line beforehand, the company we used, Belize Shore Tours, did not ask for money until after completed our tour. I'm pretty sure they would be pretty flexible as long as he had an approximate number.

Archived