First Cruise on Celebrity Infinity

Larden

Most people feel that Celebrity provides excellent service. I certainly have found that to be the case, and if you read multiple reviews, it is certainly the majority opinion.

However, I would urge you to purge the word "expect" from your pre-cruise vocabulary. The more you "expect", the more likely you are to be disappointed, even if you would not have been otherwise. I would encourage you to go in with an open mind and a spirit of adventure and wait until the cruise is over to tally up what was great and what was not-so-great. Until then, simply live in the moment.

This will be my first cruise on Celebrity. I will be sailing Sept 12, 2008 on the Infinity on an Alaskan cruise. What kind of service should I expect from Celebrity?

countdown.pl?name=Larden&date=9-12-2008&image=alaska&text=&ship=Celebrity Infinity

Plan for the worst - Hope for the best and anything in the middle is gravy.

Seriously - it is all about your expectations - Is it like you will be treated like the Sultan of Brunai - NOT - is it better than most cruise lines - I think so and this is why we continue to sail celebrity.

Sure they serve Hamburgers and Hot Dogs - but the food in the dining room is probably an 8-8.5 and in the specialty dining room closer to a 9.5

IMHO

We, like many of you, have gone on lots of Celebrity cruises- all sized ships. We love the service and the food onboard Celebrity lines. I do expect excellent service and I expect to have a GREAT time. Both of those things I have to participate in to make sure they happen. I need to let those who provide service to me know what I expect and need. I need to make sure I do all possible to create a positive experience and meet wonderful people like all of you. That is where the excellent experience comes in.

Have you ever been to a restaurant where you say afterwards, hmmm the food wasn't that great but I loved that experience? I have, and I am a chef. Sometimes that is how we create excellent experiences.

We are what we make our experience. I plan on having a WONDERFUL time on my Infinity cruise on the 6 January!

Nancy

Archived