Oh yeah now I'm depressed

crusinmama06

Ugh ... that stinks about having to cancel :( How come you can't choose another one closer to April :confused: I don't know how Communion works ... she can't have her First Communion on another Sunday whenever they do the next one?

I feel your disappointment!

Tara

My daughter's first communion is the 2nd day of the cruise. So it's either cancel the cruise or risk damnation for my soul. ;)

Cruisinmama,

I know that in my Parish, if a child is ill or misses the scheduled Communion Day, they will hold a "first Communion" at a regular Mass a week or two later. One or two children always make their first communion after the scheduled First Communion Masses.

They are so cute in their dresses and suits. Maybe this is an option for you?

Good Luck!

Barbara

Our parish doesn't have a scheduled day for First Communion. You can have it anytime during any mass. You just have to tell the pastor when you want to have it done. Not like when I was a kid in second grade. The second Sunday in May and we were all lined up in our white dresses and the boys in their navy blue suits.

The priest said she could do it at any time but I want her to go with her whole 2nd grade class.

The prices have jumped significantly since I booked the cruise, so I would be paying thousands more to move it to another week in April.

So since my TA was telling me to book Disney in September because of all of the reduced rates, that's what we did. So no cruise, but we'll be in Disney for our vacation.

Oh well, the kids are happy.

Thats too bad about your cruise, I know you are looking forward to it. I totally understand about the first communion. I would want my DD to do it with the class as well. Perhaps you could find a last minute deal a different week in April? Although Disney does sound fun too! Thanks for all your expert advise on this board, Keep up the good work.

Julie

I'm so sorry.

Are you talking about Disney world or the cruiseline?

If you are talking about the park there are deals to be had but not yet. End of August through Sept they give their meal plan away for free. It's a good deal. It starts in April for Disney credit card holders and May or June for non Credit Card holders. Usually the Cruiseline offers deals for August as well for the Credit Card holders.

Oh and if it's the Park I have a whole lot of hints to deal with the heat. I'll send them to you. I also need to get the kids program to you from my cruise. Still scanning everything.

I'm so sorry.

Are you talking about Disney world or the cruiseline?

If you are talking about the park there are deals to be had but not yet. End of August through Sept they give their meal plan away for free. It's a good deal. It starts in April for Disney credit card holders and May or June for non Credit Card holders. Usually the Cruiseline offers deals for August as well for the Credit Card holders.

Oh and if it's the Park I have a whole lot of hints to deal with the heat. I'll send them to you. I also need to get the kids program to you from my cruise. Still scanning everything.

Disney the park. Not the cruise. If it was the cruise then it would be a RCCL cruise. :(

We booked September for the meal plan and the diminished crowds. We go to Disney every year, but never in September. So let's hope we aren't washed away by a hurricane or anything. :eek:

I was able to book now and my TA will transfer the meal plan special to my account once its announced.

We did Orlando just this past August/September (arrived at the end of August, departed in the beginning of September), and the weather was fantastic. We had the typical Orlando summer afternoon rain showers, but that's no different from when I've been there in July or August. We didn't do Disney on this trip, but the crowds were definitely diminished at the parks we went to. :)

We did Orlando just this past August/September (arrived at the end of August, departed in the beginning of September), and the weather was fantastic. We had the typical Orlando summer afternoon rain showers, but that's no different from when I've been there in July or August. We didn't do Disney on this trip, but the crowds were definitely diminished at the parks we went to. :)

Yeah that's what I thought. We went this past August 18th and the weather was fine. I didn't think it would change that drastically in 3 weeks. :)

Yeah that's what I thought. We went this past August 18th and the weather was fine. I didn't think it would change that drastically in 3 weeks. :)

Sorry about your cancellation:( However, if you are going to Disney the Second week in Sept be prepared for more people than you thought. In georgia we have many counties that now have this week off in Sept(We start school in early Aug) So many families head to Disney World. I went a a few years ago and it was quite empty. But, the secret is out and everyone seems to go to DW. We took our first cruise last Sept during our break on THE MARINER. Funny thing was that half the kids we met were from our home town our towns near by. We are taking our second cruise next Sept during our break. I still think Sept is the BEST time to go to Disney. Most of the country has just started school and the weather is not as HOT! Have fun!

Yep we were leaving for Disney on the 6th, so that would be the 2nd week of Sept wouldn't it? :confused:

No, You will be safe!! Our vacation starts the next weekend around the 13th. The first few times we went in Sept, it was wonderful! Sometimes we never had to get off a ride. There were no people waiting and they let us go again. The week you are going should be Great!! I would choose this week in a minute. My problem is choosing a cruise to go on. I do not want to do The Mariner again. It would be the same route as last year. I wanted to go to the western caribbean this time and was thinking of Carnival. I am just afraid we would be let down after our trip on The Mariner. My kids will be 9,13, and 15. What do you think?

I have to CANCEL my April cruise. :mad: I've only had it booked for a year now. :(

I could move it to November 08, but who wants to wait that long?

I feel like this is a really good reason to denounce your religion! :p

This sucks!

I wanted to go to the western caribbean this time and was thinking of Carnival. I am just afraid we would be let down after our trip on The Mariner. My kids will be 9,13, and 15. What do you think?

You would be ok on a new Carnival ship. We've had some interesting experiences on the older Carnival ships...lol.

You don't want to head to Miami and take the Freedom ships out of there????

And SAS - I totally agree...lol. Unfortunatly I already cancelled and lost my cabin. :(

Archived