Need help with final payment for cruise...

vtgirl

We are cruising on March 22nd on the Sun out of Miami. My final payment is due on January 7th. What happens if you can not make your full final payment on the due date? I am in a situation where I can give the majority of it and could give the rest of it on the 10th of January which is a payday. We have had a family emergency come up and had to dip in to the cruise fund. Will they work with us or will we loose our room and deposit?

call them and ask sometimes they will wait a few extra days. If you booked through a TA call the TA. of course you could apply today for an NC credit card pay by credit card and then pay it off when you get paid. That way you would get the points and not have to worry about someone's courtesy....

We are cruising on March 22nd on the Sun out of Miami. My final payment is due on January 7th. What happens if you can not make your full final payment on the due date? I am in a situation where I can give the majority of it and could give the rest of it on the 10th of January which is a payday. We have had a family emergency come up and had to dip in to the cruise fund. Will they work with us or will we loose our room and deposit?

I am going to take a positive approach for this for you. NCL will work with you without question IF, and the if is entirely up to you, you contact them immediately, tell them exactly what you are going to be able to do, when you are going to be able to do it and then follow through.

The key is communication.

I paid half of my final payment 3 days past my due date ( I let my PCC know I would be splitting the payment) and the final half more than 10 later. As far as I know, NCL won't just cancel your booking the day after your final payment, if its not paid.

I made an honest mistake for final payment of my upcoming cruise. I thought they would take the remaining amount directly on the credit card I used to pay the deposit (it's what my internet travel agency does - but last time, I booked direct with NCL and I thought they were working the same way but they are not). A couple of days after final payment was due (3-5 days, I don't remember exactly), they sent me an e-mail saying I didn't pay them and to contact them immediately (if I remember well, they were giving me about 3 days or they would cancel my booking). They won't cancel your booking right away but it seems a very good idea to contact them ahead of time.

We have four in our group for February 16, Gem. We are each paying separately and some of us paid past the final payment date. NCL was very accommodating.

We were working with a personal cruise consultant, I don't know if that makes any difference.

Archived