Clam shells near cabanas?

DDawson

There will be 8 of us traveling together and one couple has purchased a cabana (one of the blue ones, but not sure which) at HMC. Given their size, I'm not sure it would be worth the other 4 of us paying the additional person charge. Possibly an additional 2, but not 4.

We would be happy with a clam shell if we could get one in front of the cabana. I've seen the clam shells at the beginning of the beach, but don't know how far they go, or if they can be moved.

Can anyone tell me if they can be moved? Any advise would be appreciated.

If I recall correctly, the farthest clamshells from the tender dock are just before where the purple cabana (no. 6) is. If your friends' cabana is farther away from the tender dock than the purple cabana, I'm not sure you'll be able to get a clamshell right in front of it. Otherwise, no problem, as long as you get there early enough to have your pick of the clamshell locations. The ones closest to the tender dock seem to fill up first. When we were there in November, my DH and I were the only clamshell users who actually wanted to walk all the way down the beach to get away from the crowds, so we had no problem snagging the last clamshell down.

I do recommend the clamshells, because there's not much natural shade. Even if your clamshell isn't right in front of your friends' cabana, you can still hang out there with them. The extra person fee is for more drinks and snacks, etc. No one will be there monitoring how many people go in and out! But, as you noted, there is limited room, so it might be a bit crowded if all 8 of you try to get into it at once.

Enjoy! HMC is beautiful.

There is no problem with how many people use a cabana. As noted above the extra person fee is for drinks, snorkel gear, etc. But as many people can be in and out as you want.

There is lots of room in the cabana, unless all eight of you want to be around the table at once. But since probably some will be off on activities, some at the buffet, some sunbathing on the beach, etc. I really don't think eight people will have trouble sharing a cabana.

Check out

http://www.elite.net/~thehalls/cabana.html

for a lot of info and pictures of cabanas.

Have a GREAT cruise!

Thanks for the info and the prompt replies. The Halls website does have a lot of great info. I do believe the cabana that was reserved was closer than #6, so hopefully getting a clam shell close won't be an issue.

We were going to try and get a clamshell as soon as we arrived on island.....however after seeing how many shade trees there were, we decided they werent necessary. We had a lovely spot, farther down the beach where is was less crowded but still very close to restrooms and the food pavillion. I believe we were near cabana #9 which was a white cabana.

we had the sky blue cabana i think its #5 and there were clamshells in front of it. its located at the far end of the swimming area and right next to the water sports booth that has the sailboats and kayaks.

i agree that it shouldn't be a problem fitting 8 as long as not everyone is trying to sit at the table at once. you'll get actual silverware and china, a large bottle of water per person, a six of soda, chips and salsa, vegetable platter and ice.

they have a small refrigerator, air conditioner, fan with mister, open air shower and include 4 float mats and snorkel gear.

i prefered the end of the beach location, and the lunch buffet is located directly behind this cabana making it super convenient to grab your lunch and enjoy it from your table with beach view.

i recommend getting there early since you have the best chance of getting a clamshell nearby.

Blue

forgot to add that you don't need to bring towels from the ship...the staff has them already there for you. although i don't think the clamshell include towels. maybe someone knows the answer to that. Blue

No, the clamshells do not include towels. But they will give you as many as you want (within reason) on the ship. Just ask.

Blue,

Yes, I believe our friends have cabana #5, the sky blue one. Great to know there are clam shells near the cabana. Now we just have to get on island quick enough to claim it. Given that it's so far down the beach it does not appear this will be problem if we are reasonably prompt.

Off to place my clam shell order........

Archived