Car rental at Miami Port?

lunyma

I know there are no car rental agency offices at the port anymore, but do any of them have free shuttle services? I have an 8pm flight out of FLL after my cruise, so I thought I'd rent a car for the day. Any help would be appreciated.

Since you have to get to the airport for your flight somehow, you may as well drive there in your rental car and drop it off there.

Why not catch a shuttle to the airport and pick up the care there?

We have done just that at MIA twice, and it worked great for us.

Since you have to get to the airport for your flight somehow, you may as well drive there in your rental car and drop it off there.

Why not catch a shuttle to the airport and pick up the care there?

We have done just that at MIA twice, and it worked great for us.

That's why we figured we'd rent a car for the day. I was just wondering if any of the car rental agencies had a FREE shuttle to their office, from the port, to pick up the car.

I don't know... it's a long way to FLL. Maybe the best price would be if you got a one-way ride from a shuttle service. I know at the port of Miami we found a van, with a trailer for luggage, and it took us to the airport or to the Hertz location near the airport.

You do have to pay for the ride, but it is less than a taxi, and pretty convenient. They park really close to where you exit the building. You have to walk a bit further to get a taxi.

Saltydog... I'm not looking for a ride to FLL airport. I have a whole day to kill, I know my way around the area, and that's why I want to rent a car. I also know that ALL the car rental agencies have offices near the port and obviously, at the MIA airport. I just don't know EXACTLY where the offices are (other than at MIA) and I was trying to avoid taking a taxi to the airport, if possible, as I'd like to avoid the crowds. Thank you, Coevan, for letting me know about Enterprise. I'll do some research and see who else has offices nearby.

If they will not charge you an arm and a leg to drop off the car at another location, maybe you can pick the car up at the pier and leave it at the airport. Worth asking.

I grew up in Miami so the sightseeing is like a trip back memory lane.

In Seattle this August, Thrifty has a deal where we can pick up the car at the airport and drop it off at the pier for no extra charge - that's perfect. Not sure what Miami does on that score since we have always picked up the car at MIA.

If they will not charge you an arm and a leg to drop off the car at another location, maybe you can pick the car up at the pier and leave it at the airport. Worth asking.

I grew up in Miami so the sightseeing is like a trip back memory lane.

In Seattle this August, Thrifty has a deal where we can pick up the car at the airport and drop it off at the pier for no extra charge - that's perfect. Not sure what Miami does on that score since we have always picked up the car at MIA.

Avis used to have an outlet at the port, but they don't anymore. None of the car agencies do. They all have offices in the downtown area though(some in hotels), but I'm not sure where each office is. The plan is to pick up a car downtown, use it for the day, and drop it off at the Ft. Lauderdale airport later.

Hertz has a HLE locations just over the bridge from the port. Its only 3/4 of a mile from the port. Yes they do free pickups and drop offs at the port. And yes you can drop off at Fll for no extra charge. Use the rate code 1736927 It is friends of employee of Hertz. See you later FRIEND

Hertz has a HLE locations just over the bridge from the port. Its only 3/4 of a mile from the port. Yes they do free pickups and drop offs at the port. And yes you can drop off at Fll for no extra charge. Use the rate code 1736927 It is friends of employee of Hertz. See you later FRIEND

Thank you VERY much, my FRIEND :). This is exactly the information I was seeking!

We have rented a van from Fort Lauderdale Alamo and are droping it off the next day at Alamo at the miami airport then they have a free shuttle to the port. So I would think they could do it the opposite way for you as well. .

Hope this helps.

I would watch Enterprise since they are independently owned/franchised and usually do not allow drop offs at different locations but in Florida and California they do but the uplift seems to be greater then the other major car rental agencies.

Renting in Florida

If you are picking up your rental vehicle in Florida, you may return it to select locations throughout the state of Florida. To reserve your next Enterprise one-way, call (866)-307-1773.

Certain restrictions apply.

We took the Thrifty/Dollar Shuttle at the miami port and rented a car for about 60 bucks at the Miami Airport (offsite). We returned it at the FLL airport. Once we got off the ship we crossed the street to where the taxis were and the shuttles run every 20 mins or so. It was nice being able to get off the ship and take our time for the day and not have to spend all day at the airport. I checked several different agencies and Dollar was the cheapest for that day (the sunday before Christmas). I saw Hertz and Alamo shuttles running too.

Archived