9 Day Caribbean Princess Sailing out of New York

Johnsonclan

Has anyone taken this cruise? We sailed the Caribbean Princess in 2004 and loved it. There are at least 3 different itinerary's offered with different ports and different times in these ports. We will be sailing with the family and would like to do some scuba diving.

Also any info on New York City hotels would be great. We will most likely spend a few days pre-cruise in New York.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks...

I believe this summer will be the first time Caribbean Princess has sailed on the 9 day cruises from NY (Brooklyn). We are planning to be on the May 26 sailing (Eastern Caribbean). The Caribbean Princess will be "upgraded" with features similar to those found on Crown Princess in early May, so we're definitely looking forward to it.

Great itinerary. Ship had a lot of kids, ages say10-15. No complaints but they did tend to affiliate and form "groups" as is to be expected over a nine day trip, but as the journey went on I think they got bored and began creating their own diversions, some of which were not exactly passenger friendly (late night running around, pulling room service tags from doors, knocking on doors, etc. There was a MOB hoax as well late one evening. They did tend on occasion to take over a pool area. Some of issues with adults about "saving" deck chairs. I usually hit the gym at opening in the AM, and afterwards like to cool down on deck with my morning coffee. I watched some of the towel/flip-flop/sunglass droppers walk around claiming their "chair for the day". Some scenes later were not exactly pleasant as people bickered over what saving a chair meant and just whose chair was it. We tended to enjoy our pleasant sea days on the promenade deck, where it was shady, confortable, and chairs were not an issue. These things did not detract from our enjoyment of the trip, but be aware the atmosphere may be a wee bit different from other sailings.

I was on the CB about 2 or 3 months after its innaugural cruise. I have to say, it was my least favorite Princess cruise to date. But Im willing to give it another try. Im trying to convince my wife that WE NEED TO GO ON A CRUISE to canada/newengland in the end of august. Ive always wanted to go on a cruise out of NYC since I live sooooo close. too bad my wife has this crazy rule.... WARM WEATHER VACATIONS!!!! she is cold if the temp goes below 80.

My husband and I sailed on the Crown out of Brooklyn this past July. We had many children on the cruise and we did not have the same experience as Shoalwater. We loved it so much that we are planning to go again this July with family. I have never sailed on the Carribbean Princess, and I hope that we will not be disappointed with the ship. The ports that we stopped at were in Puerto Rico, St. Thomas, Grand Turk and Bermuda. The cruise that we are considering includes St. Martin instead of Bermuda. We did not scuba in Grand Turk, but I have read that it is amazing. We went snorkeling off of St. Johns. If you need hotel information, go to the North American Home Ports, East Coast Departures and post a question.

The CB is a great ship. We are sailing again in May also. Loads of things to do, great staff. As far a geting a chair by one of the main pools, if you have to sit right in front of it, go early, There are also two adult pools which are great. Here are some patters to look at. :D

http://www.cruisingthecaribbeanprincess.com/pattersfws.html

Archived