What to do R/T 5/18

bige34

Here is my itinerarry for the NCL Pearl sailing roundtrip May 18,2007

Seattle, Washington --- 4:00 PM 02 At sea --- --- 03 Juneau, Alaska 2:00 PM 10:00 PM 04 Skagway, Alaska 7:00 AM 9:00 PM 05 At sea --- --- 06 Ketchikan, Alaska 6:00 AM 1:30 PM 07 Victoria (and vicinity) 6:00 PM 11:30 PM 08 Seattle, Washington 8:00 AM --- Arrival and departure times may vary slightly

Any suggestions on what to do while in each port would be greatly appreciated. My wife and I are in our early 40's and enjoy a good time. I was considering renting a car in Skagway but also thought about the train. Any and all suggestions are appreciated. BTW if I rent a car in Skagway, how far should I go given the amount of time we are in the port (according to Murray). I love the map and would love to drive as far as possible if this is the direction we choose. Thanks for your help.

Eric

On the Klondike Highway- drive to Emerald Lake, the scenery significantly drops off after that point. I have been to Whitehorse several times- they have a Harley Shop. :)

You need to do your homework on your other ports, there are too many excellent tour to recommend. Narrow down your interests and determine your budget- my opinion only, this isn't the place to skimp. Repost your choices for more specific information.

The tours I like might bore you, and the ones you like might kill me! You just have to do your research, read the descriptions carefully, and find the one that is right for YOU! There are so many GREAT things to do in Alaska.

I do recommend the drive to the Yukon from Skagway. Stop at Caribou Crossing for the wildlife museum and the dog musher's camp. The ride on the dog carts is a lot of fun!

Check our site in the sig file below for reviews and pics of several trips to Alaska and lots of different excursions.

Have a GREAT cruise!

Archived