Sagway train

txracefan

Was booking the train on carnival,they had 2 different times 1 morning,1 evening.needed help on whitch would be better.We are doing the round trip.I tried to do a search,but couldn't find anything.

Which train excursion are you doing??We did one through Carnival last year..

Kelly

Thinking about this more...I think I would do the morning so you can come back and explore Skagway before you get back on the ship....We did the Best of Skagway which was a Bus ride up to the Yukon border where we got on the train...Then we took the train down where the Bus picked us up again and took us to Liarsville where we had a Salmon Bake...After exploring Liarsville we took the bus into town and toured the Red Onion..After that we explored town a bit on our own and walked back to the ship...I enjoyed the whole day but if I had missed the Red Onion that would have been ok...It kind of bored me..

Kelly

Of the two times, I would choose 12:45 and spend the morning at the NPS Visitor Center: http://www.nps.gov/archive/klgo/schedule.htm That way you can sign up for a morning walking tour with a park ranger and see their movie about the gold rush. If you do the train first, you can still catch the movie at the Visitor Center later, but there may be no more availability for the afternoon walking tours.

Archived