What are tapas at Las Ramblas on Sun?

Babygirl5408

I understand the sentiment of wanting to save money -- when my husband and I were dating in college and went on our first cruise, we spent so ridiculously little onboard and had an amazing time.

I think Calvin was a bit confrontational in his post, but I do understand some of the idea behind it. Many of the questions have been good, but others have been answered before and could have been found with a search, and others still could have easily been found through the NCL website (free shuttle from airport, what are shore excursions, etc.).

I understand the sentiment of wanting to save money -- when my husband and I were dating in college and went on our first cruise, we spent so ridiculously little onboard and had an amazing time.

I think Calvin was a bit confrontational in his post, but I do understand some of the idea behind it. Many of the questions have been good, but others have been answered before and could have been found with a search, and others still could have easily been found through the NCL website (free shuttle from airport, what are shore excursions, etc.).

of course you are rignt but remember a couple of things: the "search" isn't something everyone is familiar with. AS for found on NCL board, yes, this is true, my feeling though, the OP found cruise critic and is having so much fun, getting excited about her cruise and part of that excitement comes from the answers we are giving her. Hearing from real people is much more fun than reading it on a stupid website.

Nita

Well, I realized in advance that I would be flamed for my comments, however I stick to what I wrote.

Yes these boards are for gathering information and making judgements, but if you read babygirls posts you will see a common theme and obsession - food, free stuff and food. If you go on this cruise looking for just this then you are wasting your money and time. You will be so obssessed with getting all you can get for free that you will miss the magic of cruising.

If I offended babygirl or anyone else then I do apologize - and trust me I am the least negative guy you will ever meet. I have been fortunate and I am very grateful to have traveled the globe many times over.

My only concern is that babygirl will take her "I want it all and for free" attitide on the cruise - and trust me -will annoy the entire staff for the entire length of the cruise.

To be quite honest when I started reading her earlier posts, I thought it was a 12 year old kid asking all the redundant questions.

I promise not to read anymore of babygirls posts but will continue to help other travelers with their questions.

Too little words - HIGH MAINTANENCE

Well said,but I totally disagree with you,It was nice to see someone ask simple questions that were none argumentative ast least I thought they would be.As for her looking for free stuff I think she paid for her cruise nothing was free,possibly looking to save money granted nothing wrong with that.So if you are still with us babygirl ask away.

Ur Calvin Klein Guy

It's a shame that your arguments lack any truth to them and you honestly should just go away. The only reason I have asked about several "free food" related questions is because there are going to be children traveling with us who need to be made aware of their limits. They need to know which restaurants cost money and which ones don't. I am not a cheap person, but I don't see the need in spending unnecessary money when there are other options for free. As for my other posts, i have asked several questions not related in any way at all to money or food, concerning the best kept secret on the sun, what dazzles was, if they have started to upgrade to freestyle 2.0, and many others. The point is, you do not know me and are in no position to judge. Calling me high maintenance is an insult and these boards are not here to insult people. You need to grow up and find better things to do with your time than judging people whom you don't know and making assumptions about who I am.

To toyz711,

The reason that I don't clump questions together is because it was recommended by several "senior posters" :D that I ask one specific question per post. They have told me that people who search the boards may only know the answer to one of the questions and by doing it individually, more people have the opportunity to respond. The Sun is very seldom discusses on these boards and it is not as if I haven't done my homework and am being lazy. The only questions I ask concern things that someone could not possibly know unless they have first hand experience, so why not share the wonderful experience you had? I am grateful for the feedback from everyone and truly believe that the flood of information is going to make for a much better experience had I not asked the questions. Not only do I benefit from the answers, but others who are traveling on the Sun will benefit as well. All I can say is if the questions bother you, don't respond. Nothing personal and not trying to be rude, but that's what the boards are for.

I think she was trying to look on the brightside of a rude-appearing comment - not tell you how to post. I've read alot of her posts in the past and she always seems helpful and nice. So in other words, I don't think she'll take offense at your post and I don't think she meant to give it. IMO.

Have you been able to find the list of appetizers from Las Ramblas that was listed here previously? I can't remember what post it was under or I would try to give more information. I just know that someone on here had the whole list of appetizers that was there over the course of a cruise.

As to the sandwiches - I believe, but don't know, that Ramblas is the sandwich station during the lunch buffet. So it's pretty much whatever you want on the sandwich. It's your call. Not a sit down and order a sandwich type of thing. Does that help? That's just going off past posts.

I'll be on your cruise and I'm sure it's going to be a brilliant one.

The 12th. Or is it the 11th??? Whatever Saturday is. Is that when you're going?

This message board has a thread called roll call. Go back to the main page (when you are signed in) go to roll call, Norwegian, Norwegian Sun and then look for your cruise date.) You'll find all sorts of people that are going to be on the same cruise as you. We're meeting at some outdoor bar by the pool called the great outdoors at 3 pm on Sunday.

Cheers!

That sounds like so much fun! What a great idea! That was everyone can get to know each other. I'm leaving January 26th. Initially we were going to go on the 12th but we decided later to do the 26th instead. It sounds like you're going to have a wonderful time! Enjoy!

Hi,

I received this information today from Arubamoose maybe it could help some of you.

Charlot

I got this info from the boards:

Pacific Heights

Cuisine: Light/Healthy Cuisine

Surcharge: No Reservations Required: Yes

East Meets West

Cuisine: Steakhouse (Once was Modern Pacific Rim/Asian Fusion)

Surcharge: Yes, $15 per person Reservations Required: Yes

Ginza Restaurant

Cuisine: Asian (Sushi, Sashimi, Teppanyaki)

Surcharge: Yes, $12.50 - $20.00 per person Reservations Required: Yes

Le Bistro French Restaurant

Cuisine: French

Surcharge: Yes, $15 per person Reservations Required: Yes

Il Adagio

Cuisine: Italian

Surcharge: Yes, $12.50 per person Reservations Required: Yes

Las Ramblas Tapas Bar & Restaurant

Cuisine: Mexican, Tex-Mex Tapas Bar

Surcharge: No Reservations Required: No

Garden Café/Great Outdoor

Cuisine: Informal/Outdoor Dining. Breakfast, Lunch, and Snacks

Surcharge: No Reservations Required: No

MoMMa M :) :) :) SE

I also am sailing on the Sun, in April. I completely endorse the comments of Babygirl. I have no experience at all with NCL. That is why I scan these boards for info. I have a million questions and just have not asked them yet because I have found some of the answers from scanning. These boards are for obtaining and sharing information irrelevant of how much info is needed. If someone has 50 posts what difference does it make? You don't have to read all of them. I for one have learned much from Babygirl posts and will continue to do so.

I don't care who I meet on what ship and I don't feel sorry for any of the crews. I will have a fantastic time on whatever ship I go on and with whomever is on it. I hope you all have wonderful cruises.

By the way Charlot07 thanks for the lovely post.

1. What are tapas at Las Ramblas?

2. Best pre dinner appetizers on the Sun

3. Best free food entree on the Sun

4. Freestyle 2.0 on the Sun yet

5. Is there a surcharge free dining recomendation on the Sun

6. Can you ask for extra food

7. What is the best kept secret on the Sun

8. How was the Garden Cafe on the Sun

9. Is it true the Sun offers free ice cream by the pool

10. What is Dazzles on the Sun

11. Is the arecade on the Sun free

12. Free lobster dinner on the Sun

13. Ok to eat at Las Ramblas but not drink alcohol

14. Does NCL have a free shuttle from the airport

15. Anyone have freestyle dailies from the Sun

16. What activities does the Sun offer

17. What are the shore excursions tru NCL

I feel so very sorry for the crew and guests of the Sun! Thank God I am on the Pearl.

If everyone stopped posting "annoying questions" there would be no cruise critic! Let met try to answer them in one place! :D

Tapas: mini empanadas, various kinds of olives, mussels, shrimp stuffed zucchini I ate. There were many other small, "picky" type of foods.

Pre dinner appetizers: I didn't eat before dinner. I barely could get to dessert many nights.

Best free food entree on Sun: Food is incredibly subjective. The best free food entree for me is a toss up, since I liked everything. The Beef stroganoff in the main dining room was unlike the stuff you find on land. VERY tasty. Also the minced lamb with a pastry crust on top at the buffet was excellent as well as the turkey piccata, also at buffet. Again, depends on what you like to eat...adventurous? Not?

Freestyle 2.0 on the Sun yet: I have no idea. LOL

5. Is there a surcharge free dining recomendation on the Sun

The sports bar for wings, sheperd's pie.

6. Can you ask for extra food

YES

7. What is the best kept secret on the Sun

Already posted that on another thread.

8. How was the Garden Cafe on the Sun

For breakfast, okay. You can only do so much with breakfast on a buffet. For lunch and dinner, I really enjoyed it. Many choices. I loved the vegetarian choices, which were Indian. But again, if you've never had Indian or don't want to try it, you're out of luck vegetarian wise.

9. Is it true the Sun offers free ice cream by the pool

Yes, the line is often packed and some think it's the start of the line for the buffet. It's NOT the line for the buffet. LOL

10. What is Dazzles on the Sun

It's the disco late at night. Other times, it's a smaller, midship venue used for different shows. We loved the band Prizm there. Andy, one of the singers is a great dancer and led me in dancing several nights.

11. Is the arecade on the Sun free

NO

12. Free lobster dinner on the Sun

Can't answer that. We ate in specialty restaurants 3 nights, main dining room for dinner one night, and just picked at the Sports Bar or buffet other nights. I love free style!!

13. Ok to eat at Las Ramblas but not drink alcohol

You don't have to drink alcohol anywhere! Same in the Sports bar.

14. Does NCL have a free shuttle from the airport

No clue, but usually NOT. The taxi price from the Miami airport to pier is a set price no matter how many people. I should remember since I just did it yesterday. I want to say 20 something for the 4 of us total, plus tip.

15. Anyone have freestyle dailies from the Sun

I threw them out every day.

16. What activities does the Sun offer

Tons of stuff to do! You won't lack for things to do unless the choices do not appeal to you.

17. What are the shore excursions tru NCL

Go to NCL.com and click on shore excursions. They can show you the full complement of things to do that they offer. As a first timer, you will probably want to go with the cruise line. I, however, always book on my own.

Hope this all helped!

...and speaking of tapas, does the Spirit have anything like it? I loved Las Ramblas on the Sun.

No. The Spirit has different restaurants, some of which can't be found on the Sun. Likewise, some of the restaurants aboard the Sun can't be found on the Spirit.

Spirit's restaurants:

The Garden Room (Main Dining Room); Cuisine: Continental

Windows Restaurant (Main Dining Room); Cuisine: Continental

Shogun Restaurant; Cuisine: Asian, Teppanyaki, and Sushi Bar

Le Bistro Restaurant; Cuisine: French

~La Trattoria; Cuisine: Italian

Cagney's Steakhouse; Cuisine: Steaks

Raffles Lido Cafe; Cuisine: Buffet

*Blue Lagoon; Cuisine: Food Court, Grill

*Beir Garten Grill; Cuisine: German

Sun's restaurants:

Four Seasons Main Restaurant (Main Dining Room); Cuisine: Continental

Seven Seas Main Restaurant (Main Dining Room); Cuisine: Continental

*Pacific Heights; Cuisine: Light/Healthy Cuisine

East Meets West; Cuisine: Steaks

Ginza Restaurant; Cuisine: Asian, Sushi, Sashimi, and Teppanyaki

Le Bistro French Restaurant; Cuisine: French

*Las Ramblas Tapas Bar & Restaurant; Cuisine: Mexican, Tex-Mex Tapas Bar

Garden Café/Great Outdoor; Cuisine: Buffet

~Il Adagio; Cuisine: Italian

*Restaurants not found on both ships.

~Restaurants on both ships, but the Il Adiago on the Sun hass a surcharge, the La Trattoria on the Spirit is free.

One shouldn't expect the same restaurants on all NCL ships. Each ship, even those of the same class, are slightly different from one another.

That sounds like so much fun! What a great idea! That was everyone can get to know each other. I'm leaving January 26th. Initially we were going to go on the 12th but we decided later to do the 26th instead. It sounds like you're going to have a wonderful time! Enjoy!

You have fun too! If I remember, I will post what the appetizers are when I get back.

Archived