Trying to be Brave!

brn2crz

Well...here I am.One day to sailing my Western on the Rhapsody,reunion cruise.

Last year was picture perfect weather,4-6 ft seas...nary a raindrop!

Fast Forward to 2004!Yes I know its prime Hurricane season,(although it seems its the Him-A-Canes that are causing the most chaos:rolleyes: )

yes I book because of the great prices,yes I know ports can be altered,Yes,I have insurance.But I am still gonna be bummed.No way we can do Key West,only slightly optimistic we can catch them on the return...Cayman & the Stingrays,probably out also.I know our Captain will keep us safe,I know he will come up with a creative alternative port (just please,dont say Belize :p )Yes,I am putting on a Brave face!I am just happy to be getting on the ship...(Ear infections,stomach viruses,pulled back muscle,hurricanes in the Gulf) and out of respect for the memorial of 9/11 14_3_7.gifand the poor folks in Florida 17_1_14.gif...I will go,and be thankful!

Happy Cruising ya'll.....God Bless you all (especially you guys in Florida )11_12_10.gif

Cathy:

This cruise I'm sure will present some challenges.........I would bet on itinerary changes.........I'm guessing Key West and Cayman will definetly be out.........

I'm sure you will have a great time..........your attitude is right..........wishing you the best of cruises.............or the best it can be!!

Jim

Thanks everyone...I know we will have a great time!

SpringTXBill...Sounds like a great plan!

Wallie .......Thanks...I will look them up..are they on the roll call?Does Lauryn have any insight as to where we may be headed?

Enjoy your cruise and book another one while onboard for next September. The law of averages says there won't be any hurricanes next September. :D

I hope not. I'm going next sept! But, even if we do have weather probs, our Disney cruise is not for the ports of call. We are only doing a 4 day with stops in nassau and castaway cay. Although seeing the atlantis and having a beach day would be nice, I won't be upset if we go nowhere but to sea because the primary reason we are going is so my kids (5 and 3 at the time of sailing) will get to be with and have fun with all the disney characters.

brn2crz...i hope you have fun anyway. Look at it as an adventure!:)

B2C,

We asked her yesterday for Bob & Kathy and 'L' said that with RCI not knowing if Ivan would turn north, all the FL weekend Cruises were up in the air as were Rhapsody and Grandur from NO. If Ivan does not turn then it will come into the gulf towards Cozmel and even the forecasters crystal ball gets cloudie. If the 'I think it will do this" crowd is right, then Key West and Caymen are in for a very ruff time.

But what the heck, a week of cruisin under the sun in the gulf:D , wish it was us !

Dont fret a bit cause the Capt will keep you in the sun as best He can:cool: . Take the sun block !

EW

Tomcat

Thanks,but RCI's position on the Rhapsody is that since it is not directly in the path of th storm...(at least for now) that they will not post that one.It will be up to the Captain to make the call at the time of sailing,or as we go.

although,to me the ports on the East Coast are not any worse off than us..and they have posted these...

Oh well

I up for anything I guess.I guess this means we still have hope :p

• 2 months later...

Really, I am flattered,but all this attention.It really must stop.Its a shame I lost my other posts....You could read about me for days..I have some pictures...would you like to use one as wallpaper?..Then you could look at me,as you research me.

I hope Wednesday comes around for you soon...You really need date night.

Yeah, if Smiles latches on to either of us, there will be a lot of reading material. :D I have got to wonder though about what kind of abnormal psychology is going on here!:D

C, you have a wonderful weekend. I will check up on this saga, tommorrow.;)

jc

Ok guys ...I know it is Friday and we have had the freaky friday experience already today with the boards being down...but can someone bring me up to date here....cause I am lost.....and confused....nothing new there then said someone I heard that!! No offence brn2crz but why is the smiles character on about book bags and porch? :confused:

Liz

Hey Cat ...have you got a stalker or an admirer or a fan ? Naughty Cat what you been up to I wonder? Now where do I find the thread...I need something good to read I am all alone again....Alex at his mate's again....so need something to keep me awake on here tonight. Dish the gossip then!

Liz

Cat

Found it ....Wonder why Fridays are when the freaks come out and freaky things happen on these boards.Heck confusing myself here now! Darn smilies wont work tonight on here...so you will have to imagine what/where they are!

Unbelievable...."shaking my head and sighing here"

How are your plans going by the way? As you are the OP I can ask you OT questions eh?!

Liz

Absolutely..

Especially since this thread is 2 months old,and about Hurricane Ivan lol..

I think we have settled on flying in on Sat,getting a car rental and staying at the Raddison.We will most likely get the RCI shuttle on the way back.We may try to stay a day or two when we get back,but we wont decide that until much later.I have not reserved the Raddison yet,but will do that shortly as it seems they fill up rather quickly.I understand you can reserve your time on the shuttle to the pier from the Raddison as well.

I am searching flights pretty often,just trying to get a feel of the price at different times of the year.Looks like Southwest airlines is pretty consistent at about 99-129 each way.Its going to be really hard to wait almost a year to book that.

I am rather upset with our roll call.Can you believe on our roll call we have people fighting? (no smiley..I was not involved,I really am very civil) It really has gotten ugly,although the one person involved in most of the controversy,is changing their sailing.ooopppps I think they are on yours now.They are doing back 2 back starting on the 9th..

So needless to say,I have not been posting on our roll call...

Your group is going to be so much fun...If RCI does not accept my coupon...I am switching to your sailing!!

Cat

It would be great if you did join us...not that I am saying I hope RCCI dont accept your coupon but hey you know what I mean.

Crikey I cant believe people are fighting on a roll call....gawd that is just too much.Our roll call is quite quiet as most of us are with the group so we post on our group threads more often than not. I think we are nearing the 100 mark now and the group from the other board is nearly 200.

We are going to stay at the Best Western Oceanfront as we got group rates for there and one of our fellow pax is reserving our room for us rather than me having to phone the US to do the reservation....that is the kind of fellow pax we have...really great and I am so looking forward to meeting them.As I told one of them today...I will probably..cry/stutter/smile/shake all at the same time when I meet them.

I still cant get flight rates..got to wait a while yet...biggest problem will be it will be school holiday time in the UK then and I expect there will lots of Brits looking for sunshine in Florida.Will cost as much for flights as for cruise!

Liz

Archived