Seen any turtles?

Ga_Crusin

We're leaving for our cruise this week (yeah!) and are hoping to snorkle with some turtles. I understand from reading this site that the turtles move around from beach to beach depending on the time of year; I was wondering if anyone has seen them lately and can tell me which beach you were at when you saw them?

We went on an excursion with Tiami through Princess. I don't know which beach, but it was before we sailed a little bit farther and anchored offshore from Sandy Lane Resort.

I saw four turtles--or the same turtle four times. I'm not sure which. There were way too many people on our catamaran. Overall, we enjoyed being able to experience seeing the turtles, but I was disappointed in how crowded our catamaran was. We had a much better sail the day before in St. Kitts.

Take the Thriller Boat Tour with Stephen Tryhane-- he is the BEST! We just got off the Crown (New Year's Cruise) and he took us to three places to snorkel. The first was Turtle Cove. There were only 14 people (no big crowds), and his "crew" person, Matthew, got right in the water with us and fed the turtles. They were so close we could touch them with our feet. I saw FOUR of them at the same time. The other places had two shipwrecks to see (one was over 100 years old), and lots of coral and beautiful tropical fish. He served beer, water and soda, and a GREAT rum punch after the snorkeling. We even had some beach time at the end. It was our BEST excursion of the trip!!

Here is his e-mail address: thriller-ocean-tours@caribsurf.com

Cost was $50 (a bargain) and lasted about 4 hours

• 3 weeks later...

Archived