Wonders of the world II

RosieD

Steve,

Sorry, forgot to detail in my "etc.'' the preliminary package does inculde visa info. bascially, if memory serves me right, Seabourn gets visas for you if the ports of call require it (and charge you bascially their cost.) When we went to Istanbul (twice) we got our own visas at the Turkish Embassy in D.C. because it was a port of embarkation( the first time it was a few days after 911 and Embassy Row was lined with tanks, rather daunting!) When we went to S.E. Asia Seabourn got our Vitetmanese visas because it was a port of call. Hope this helps.

Thanks for that. I guess the documents are not 'late' yet. I just want them now!!!

We'll wait a couple of weeks before we start to panic. (I am anxious to find out if they will give us any visa information).

Cheers,

Steve.

You can get your Turkish visa at the Istanbul airport before immigration £10, 15 Euro or $20 I think. :)

You can get your Turkish visa at the Istanbul airport before immigration £10, 15 Euro or $20 I think. :)

Yep, that's great for people arriving by air. We are arriving on board Spirit and have two stops in Turkey before Istanbul. I have the feeling the ship will be slugging us $88 dollars each:eek: .

Yep, that's great for people arriving by air. We are arriving on board Spirit and have two stops in Turkey before Istanbul. I have the feeling the ship will be slugging us $88 dollars each:eek: .

You are right. We got caught last year disembarking Istanbul. We were told extra cost was due to Immigration Officer having to come to ship. I wonder. ??? :confused:

• 4 weeks later...

I haven't heard anything from Seabourn, but the online itinerary for this cruise has changed.

We are no longer stopping at Columbo. I am assuming this is because of security concerns. We were looking forward to this stop but were always a little concerned about safety.

There is now an extra stop in Malaysia at Langkawi. Hopefully this might be a Marina day.

Cheers,

steve.

• 1 month later...

When we left the Spirit in Singapore we were travelling on to London so didn't need all our cruise clothes for the next part of our trip. A couple of days prior we had our room maid bring a very strong cardboard box and we packed all the clothes we didn't need and addressed them to our home in Perth. There is a post office within the cruise terminal so it was very easy once the ship had been cleared to nip to the PO, post the parcel and then go back on board to collect our hand luggage. In addition to the strong carton the maid brought packing tape and a marking pen and some black garbage bags so if the parcel got wet our clothes wouldn't! The postage from Singapore to Perth was very reasonable.

This must happen often as there were several cruise staff doing exactly the same thing as we were.

When we left the Spirit in Singapore we were travelling on to London so didn't need all our cruise clothes for the next part of our trip. A couple of days prior we had our room maid bring a very strong cardboard box and we packed all the clothes we didn't need and addressed them to our home in Perth. There is a post office within the cruise terminal so it was very easy once the ship had been cleared to nip to the PO, post the parcel and then go back on board to collect our hand luggage. In addition to the strong carton the maid brought packing tape and a marking pen and some black garbage bags so if the parcel got wet our clothes wouldn't! The postage from Singapore to Perth was very reasonable.

This must happen often as there were several cruise staff doing exactly the same thing as we were.

Very interesting. Thanks so much for posting that information. It may well be a cost effective method for us.

Cheers,

Steve.

• 4 weeks later...

I have just received notice of an another itinerary change.

This time Mylos has been dropped and substituted with Santorini on November 3.

Chris and I are very happy about this as we were mildly disappointed about Santorini not being on the original itinerary.

Only 10 days to go!!

Steve.

Well the 20th our bags will be picked up by Seabourn's shipper. We are sending just tow out of 4 bags. This is getting very exciting now it's just a few weeks away. We will be staying in Athens for two nights before the cruise (Nov.1st) Judy want to meet all the Steve's that will be on board.

See you all on board.

Archived