Latest News of BAA - Cunard Special Delivery

Kindlychap

Just to let you all know that the first BAA strike on the 7th has been cancelled. Looks potentially hopeful for the second and third.

Virgin have told their lot that if they want more money then to leave and go elsewhere. It was a little more diplomatic than that, but 8.3% over two years sounds pretty good from where I sit. I don't see their problem to be honest.

Please don't rely on anything posted here - I've essentially distilled the BBC site - www.bbc.co.uk which has links to Virgin and BAA.

Matthew

Until I got off VS 12 yesterday, the cabin crew had my sympathies. Now they do not. They complain they are not paid equally to the cc of BA.

Well, until they move their backsides as often as the cc on BA, they can quit for all I care.

I never thought I'd say this, but I should have used my backup ticket on Aer Lingus. even though it was connecting service through DUB into BHX.

Until I got off VS 12 yesterday, the cabin crew had my sympathies. Now they do not. They complain they are not paid equally to the cc of BA.

Well, until they move their backsides as often as the cc on BA, they can quit for all I care.

I never thought I'd say this, but I should have used my backup ticket on Aer Lingus. even though it was connecting service through DUB into BHX.

Don't say that! Please! We're still hoping to fly with them!

Mind you last time I was on, it wasn't anything like as good as the first trip. Or did that first trip just have a cracking stewardess? Other than a bit of cuteness, she was excellent.

Matthew

We stopped flying with Virgin a long time ago, the service and the planes got to be very tired looking.

BA is better, though I do prefer the 777 for the better air con, we prefer united for service , planes, good staff almost always on time and the best mileage awards going, we get so many free flights form them.

pleased the strike is off for all going.

rob

Yikes! Just when I thought it was safe to cancel my backup on Delta thru Manchester....This is going to be my first flight on VS, and my first on an A340-600, so I was kind of looking forward to it. But I'll try to look positively on it and enjoy the flight regardless.

Yikes! Just when I thought it was safe to cancel my backup on Delta thru Manchester....This is going to be my first flight on VS, and my first on an A340-600, so I was kind of looking forward to it. But I'll try to look positively on it and enjoy the flight regardless.

I've had two flights with Virgin. First was excellent, second average. Both Upper Class. I've heard good things and bad things from various people.

Flying is appalling anyway. The prospect of enjoying a flight is laughable - at least to me.

I've never noticed the difference in planes of similar sizes - save for what my wife calls a putt putt plane and the rest of us call a turboprop. Those are even worse.

Matthew

Try not to sit too near the rear, there is a slight flexing motion a the rear of the 600.

If you knew how badly paid they were then you would give them all your support. They earn a pittance. BA have some of the rudest, laziest crew I have ever had the misfortune to be on an aircraft with. I don't work for either of these companies, but am flying on both on this trip. (hopefully.)

STRIKE IS OFF

Hooray!!!!

(I know others have said it, but I just wanted to shout it out!!!!)

Matthew

Just who do you think you are? Happyscot?

Well, good for you.

(Darn, I guess that means I'm going to meet him after all!)

Just kidding of course. I think it will be very interesting.

I am almost positive in person you are nothing like your persona here. Or maybe you are. I guess I'll see!

BTW, I thought of you today. I had Jury duty, When they asked if I knew any lawyers, I kind of laughed inwardly! (Actually my uncle was a lawyer. I always disclose that.)

See you soon, Matthew.

BTW, if you want to travel comfortably, take a look at the Canadair Flight that Casshew posted about. It's like having a private room! Wow!

Wish I had the money to fly in that (and was flying to and from the limited places it flies to!)

Archived