Question about cabin location

sdmike

We're going to be in 8504 on the Vision this summer to Mexico. I've been looking forward to sailing in a big suite for years. I have a couple concerns, however, and I'm hoping for some input from you frequent fliers.

The room is on the starboard side, in the bow, right under the windjammer cafe area. The two things I'm concerned about are smoke and noise. Should we expect it to be excessively noisy in our cabin? When we sailed on Disney we had a room under the main kitchen and we were kept awake half the night by staff rolling heavy stuff around! Also, I've read that the starboard side is the smoking side of the ship. I'm not too worried about smoke coming from other balconies since we're so far forward, but more about smoke coming down from the public decks.

Anyone been in this area on this class of ship or similar that can share their experience?

Thanks in advance!

We're going to be in 8504 on the Vision this summer to Mexico. I've been looking forward to sailing in a big suite for years. I have a couple concerns, however, and I'm hoping for some input from you frequent fliers.

The room is on the starboard side, in the bow, right under the windjammer cafe area. The two things I'm concerned about are smoke and noise. Should we expect it to be excessively noisy in our cabin? When we sailed on Disney we had a room under the main kitchen and we were kept awake half the night by staff rolling heavy stuff around! Also, I've read that the starboard side is the smoking side of the ship. I'm not too worried about smoke coming from other balconies since we're so far forward, but more about smoke coming down from the public decks.

Anyone been in this area on this class of ship or similar that can share their experience?

Thanks in advance!

I can't tell you how much noise may come from the kitchen, but I can tell you that smoke goes UP, not down. ;) (and then dissipates into air)

Smoke coming down from the public decks???? hmmmmmmmmmm.

Let me think about this one. The ship when in motion at about 23 knots might carry any smoke towards the stern maby?? The windjammer is above your room, no smoke there. above that is the jogging track teen area and adventure ocean, so I dont think you would find much smoke there.

On the other hand noise might be a factor during feeding times, but 8405 is quite forward of the ship, maby not. I hope you have fun.

Enjoy the OS, you will love it, but a shame there is no CL on Vision. Its a nice perk. we were on Freedom in Aug in a hump OS..... wow thats all I can say. the room was over 600 sq ft and the balcony was over 210 sq ft. not a bad deal at 10k for the family of 4. JK LOL.

I dont think you should have any concerns. We have been on Vision before in cabin 8500 our only complaint was it was windy, go figure, its at the front.

Happy Sailing

Cheers from beers

Our worst cabin experience was a balcony under the Lido deck. Constant chair scraping and banging all day long. That part of the Lido did not have a carpet so maybe the carpeted areas will be less noisy. We now try to choose a cabin sandwiched between two decks of cabins.

If you're high up in the bow, then your only concern will be heavy seas. The higher the deck the more you feel the roll, the further forward you are, the more you feel the pitch.

Yes, we considered this as well. I'm hoping our calm coastal summer seas will show themselves. :)

Archived