tipping for spa services

I'm a male, and my last hot stone massage was by a female. I didn't pick but I assume you can ask.

Check the receipt first to see if a gratuity was automatically added. If not, I add 15 or 20%. They will also try to sell you a bunch of lotions and stuff at the end. There is also usually a discount for spa services during a port day.

I paid for our daughter's facials the day prior as we were in port while our girls were at the spa and I did not want any extra charges on the bill. I asked the spa staff and she told me specifically that there was no tip added to the service. I tipped according and signed for the charges including specific instructions for no extra charges for the extras and no extra tip.

Afterward I noticed there was an additional 15 percent gratuity added and on top of that the spa attendant got an extra tip out of the girls, equating to a 45 percent tip. The 15 percent was an automatic charge much like the charge added to pop, beer.. purchases.

I paid for our daughter's facials the day prior as we were in port while our girls were at the spa and I did not want any extra charges on the bill. I asked the spa staff and she told me specifically that there was no tip added to the service. I tipped according and signed for the charges including specific instructions for no extra charges for the extras and no extra tip.

Afterward I noticed there was an additional 15 percent gratuity added and on top of that the spa attendant got an extra tip out of the girls, equating to a 45 percent tip. The 15 percent was an automatic charge much like the charge added to pop, beer.. purchases.

It must vary depending on which type of service. I got an updo and there was not an additional tip added- I had to do it myself.

I don't believe any of this.

Just off the Brilliance in December. Used the spa several times................never had the tip included on the bill............always tipped in cash an additonal 15-20%. Also, you can request either male or female for your spa treatment. Great way to spend a sea morning..........loved it and always told them was not interested in buying any product right up front.................

On all my cruises they have added in 10 pr 15 per cent to all spa services--it's on the bill--anything extra I usually leave cash...esp if they spare the long sales pitch & gave good service!

The last 3 ships we were on there were no automatic charges added after a spa treatment. The girls all said tipping was optional and not included. If service is real good I'll give 20% sometimes a little more.

Port days all spa treatments are discounted. Be careful - as when we went in Dec. the first day of the cruise they said if you signed up the first day you got $50. off spa treatments - that was only for in port days.

Archived