Stay at a $250.00 Hotel Or A $150.00 Hotel & Cab it to the Strand

bello1971

If you have a chance to stay at Tremont, I say go for it. They were totally booked in June for our sailing later this month or we would have paid whatever to stay there again. Instead, we're at the Hilton. ;-(

Should we...

1. Stay at a $250.00 hotel like the Tremont, which is close to the "Strand" which means no taxi

or

2. Stay somewhere cheaper like a Moody Gardens $150.00 & taxi it back & forth

It really depends on your budget. For us ,it is all about the convienience. A place like the Tremont or Harbor house Hotel is a block from the Strand and also easy to walk and roll your own luggage to the terminal.Harbor House offers cruise parking at no additional cost when you stay there.If you are arriving a day early,it is nice to be able to leave your car parked and walk around the Strand.I have stayed at the HH 3 times and never paid more than 150.00.On the other hand I ,personally have never seen the Moody Gardens Hotel for less than 200.00. Don't wait to book, both the Tremont and Harbor House sell out quickly.Good luck.

• 2 weeks later...
Should we...

1. Stay at a $250.00 hotel like the Tremont, which is close to the "Strand" which means no taxi

or

2. Stay somewhere cheaper like a Moody Gardens $150.00 & taxi it back & forth

Harbor House, run by the same folks that run the Tremont...It is 2 blks off the Strand, overlooks the harbor, just 2 or 3 blks from the ship, abt $100 to 150 per nite.

Archived