What a DEAL!!!

IResQU

I just got the best deal on flights from Richmond to Columbus for 4 people for 244.00 Total, ALL FOUR! This is thru Skybus.com they have flight from/to lots of places for as low as 10 bucks each way! I hope this helps someone! They do have flight to and from Ft. Lauderdale, and other airports in Florida. Happy Traveling!:D :D

I just got the best deal on flights from Richmond to Columbus for 4 people for 244.00 Total, ALL FOUR! This is thru Skybus.com they have flight from/to lots of places for as low as 10 bucks each way! I hope this helps someone! They do have flight to and from Ft. Lauderdale, and other airports in Florida. Happy Traveling!:D :D

Gotta love it! I'm flying them to Ft. Lauderdale for our up comming cruise. Living in Columbus myself... everyone that I know (that has flown them) gave great reviews!

There was a story on one of the newscast last week about this airline. Seems like a great deal but understand everything is extra, checking bags, drinks, food and other things (except the lavs). The overall report was positive.

Well that was a great deal, but what ship is sailing out of Columbus and how is this cruise related ?

It's funny you say that because I am looking out for flights from FLL to San Juan for my cruise. They came out at $300/person roundtrip, hovered around $278 for weeks and today my deal finder informed me: $188/person roundtrip. :eek:

I wish Canadians could get deals like that, but we get ripped off at every turn. :(

~$600 pp to fly to LA, direct, round trip from Vancouver is absolutely ridiculous, but that is a very common price nowadays. It is only a 2.5 hour (or less) flight.

I wish Canadians could get deals like that, but we get ripped off at every turn. :(

~$600 pp to fly to LA, direct, round trip from Vancouver is absolutely ridiculous, but that is a very common price nowadays. It is only a 2.5 hour (or less) flight.

You should try flying out of Seattle. You could fly for half the price.:D

From what I understand, when everything goes right they are a perfectly decent airline. It's when something goes wrong that you have troubles.

If something goes wrong with their flights (delayed or cancelled flight), then you're only recourse is to get a refund or wait until they have a seat on another flight. Over Christmas 2 of their planes were out for maintenance and over 1,000 people got severely delayed/stranded. Imagine if that happened to you on the way to a cruise.

You should try flying out of Seattle. You could fly for half the price.:D

Yep, I know. ;) But the border line-ups are insane (sometimes 3-4 hours) as our dollar is so strong and we are shopping over there (well I'm not, but lots of Canadians are). It would be a 3.5 hour drive at the best of times, which I could do, but I just want the convenience of flying close to home. The border line-ups scare me! It is stressful traveling, and after you have flown, to have a long drive ahead of you is really unpleasant.:rolleyes: If you start adding in gas and hotel stays, it isn't that much better.

Thanks for the heads up on the airfare! Travel Agent, do you walk to the cruise port? Or maybe I misunderstood your comment.

I certainly do not walk, but the original point of the post was about a great deal from Richmond to Columbus.....afterwards the OP mentioned the airline having flights to FLL.....sorry if my post confused you more so than the OP message !

What dates?

What dates?

I was looking at Mar. 15/08 to Mar. 23rd, for example, though I look at costs all the time, because I sail out of LA a lot. I was hoping to swing a Spring Break cruise, but with prices like those, DH won't go for it. Flying to Florida is much, much worse.

Direct flights are $600+ CAD; the cheapest ones with layovers are $498+ CAD.

I was looking at Mar. 15/08 to Mar. 23rd, for example, though I look at costs all the time, because I sail out of LA a lot. I was hoping to swing a Spring Break cruise, but with prices like those, DH won't go for it. Flying to Florida is much, much worse.

Direct flights are $600+ CAD; the cheapest ones with layovers are $498+ CAD.

It surprised me. I ran a test booking in October for summer 2008 in preparation for Alaska 2009. I got prices from FLL to Seward (via Dallas or Seattle or LA) and from Vancouver to FLL for $500 per person.

Sadly, I'm not in a market that supports Skybus. Alaska doesn't even have SouthWest. I will continue to be racked over the coals because the airlines know they have a captive market. Not many people want to spend the many, many hours to drive through Canada and back. I certainly don't.

It surprised me. I ran a test booking in October for summer 2008 in preparation for Alaska 2009. I got prices from FLL to Seward (via Dallas or Seattle or LA) and from Vancouver to FLL for $500 per person.

That's because you are flying from an American city to Vancouver or wherever and back. Try plunking in flying from out of Vancouver to LA and back. If you go to Expedia.ca (not .com), that it what I am dealing with. If you are a Canadian flying return back to Canada, you get dinged.

My roomie on my upcoming Monarch cruise is flying from Virginia to LA for $288 US. She just purchased it today. I cannot believe she can fly across the country for so little.:rolleyes:

All you have to do is drive to Columbus, book a flight on Airbus and fly to L.A. for $10. You don't have to get ripped off.

Baggage is 5 bucks a bag for 1 and 2nd and 50 bucks each other, plus you are allowed 1 carryon and another piece, ie laptop, or purse

I only posted this as an FYI, so that anyone flying out of the midwest like Ohio, you could fly into Jax, or Ft. Lauderdale.

I was going to drive to Greensboro (1 hr) and fly to Columbus this summer, rent a car, and go to Cleveland on my wish-it-were-annual baseball trip.

By the time I figured in the extra driving and night needed in a hotel pre-flight because the cheap flights were all so early, it wouldn't have been such a deal.

I'm thinking of booking a cruise that sails from Tampa on 12/14/08 and see that they fly to Ft Myers, which I believe is a couple of hours from Tampa. So I'd have to rent a car to get from Ft Myers.

I'd even consider a cruise out of San Diego, but I can't fly directly from GSO. I'd have to fly to Columbus, then on to San Diego. GSO to LA, and drive to San Diego. And the fares to GSO to LA are in the $100-$140 pp each way.

I love the idea of Skybus, but it just hasn't offered me any great deal. Yet.

Baggage is 5 bucks a bag for 1 and 2nd and 50 bucks each other, plus you are allowed 1 carryon and another piece, ie laptop, or purse

I only posted this as an FYI, so that anyone flying out of the midwest like Ohio, you could fly into Jax, or Ft. Lauderdale.

Thank you for the info!! That still makes it a GREAT deal!!!! That would make my round trip from KC to FTL around $130 with luggage!! I always have a layover somewhere so why not make it Columbus and save the $$..ty

I know what you mean. We live in Manitoba. Flights from Manitoba to Miami, when I was looking, were approximately $800 per person round trip. Flights from Minneapolis to Miami were $300 per person round trip. Guess which city we're leaving from ;) A little drive is definiately worth the savings!

Archived