Skeet Shooting

Thought I posted this, but maybe my internet failed..........anyways, just wondering if they have Skeet Shooting on Radiance. We will be sailing out of Fort Lauderdale on January 27.............this is our first cruise and have so many questions.........

Thanks for all your help!

No. It violates environmental protocols.

Thought I posted this, but maybe my internet failed..........anyways, just wondering if they have Skeet Shooting on Radiance. We will be sailing out of Fort Lauderdale on January 27.............this is our first cruise and have so many questions.........

Thanks for all your help!

That would be awesome. Also long ball golf driver off the side of the boat would be awesome!!

That would be awesome. Also long ball golf driver off the side of the boat would be awesome!!

Fortunately, or unfortunately, depending on your perspective, both practices have long since been eliminated from the cruise ship list of activities. Some ships do have a golf simulator where you can practice your drives. I believe that where such a feature is available there is a charge associated with it.

Fortunately, or unfortunately, depending on your perspective, both practices have long since been eliminated from the cruise ship list of activities. Some ships do have a golf simulator where you can practice your drives. I believe that where such a feature is available there is a charge associated with it.

Yes I would never dream of doing either on a big cruise line. You do see some of the smaller private yacht type boats have skeet shooting and sometimes a golf range. I can do golf simulator at the PGA store down the road from me for free so I would not choose to do that on a cruise boat. Its just like a big video game to me.

We are sailing on Radiance January 27 out of Fort Lauderdale. Is there such thing as Skeet Shooting on the ship? We are newbies to the cruising world.........

Thanks for your help!

You won't find skeet shooting on the Radiance or any other RCI ships. It is very unlikely that you will find it on any of the major cruiselines since the practice has been abandoned for several years due primarily to environmental concerns, and perhaps safety or security concerns. I think you will still find plenty of activities to fill your time while onboard.:)

I have not seen skeet shooting since my first cruise on the Majesty in 1992.

I haven't been cruising that long but I would have loved to try that! So would my whole family - I'm not even sure where one does try to do that anymore.

What other types of activities like that are no more?

Could you imagine the promo's for that ????

"Homeland security take your gun at the airport? NO WORRIES !!!, We have just what you need on board. Join us in the afternoon on the Lido deck for boxcutter art. Watch the amazing colors off the aft of the ship during our late night molotov cocktail throwing contest !!!! ".

If skeet shooting was around pre 9/11, it sure won't be there now.

I haven't been cruising that long but I would have loved to try that! So would my whole family - I'm not even sure where one does try to do that anymore.

What other types of activities like that are no more?

It was lots of fun and a little nerve racking. There was always lots of people watching and or waiting for their turn so the pressure was on to shoot well :eek:

• 3 months later...

I know everyone keeps saying that you can't shoot clays/skeet off of the ships any more. What I am very curious about is how much they used to charge for you to shoot and how many clays you got to shoot at?

Can anyone list some prices if they remember what it used to cost? I am also curious how much the prices changed over the years :)

I know, I'm weird.

Long, long gone....likewise for driving golf balls off the rear of the ship. :)

Unless you cruise on The World. I saw a program on the travel channel abut The World and they have golfballs that dissolve into fish food when they enter the ocean. Too bad they couldn't make skeet out of that stuff.

I believe that some people to replace the lack of skeet shooting and golfing off the ship have taken up Fishing off the balconies and some people have told me it is fun but a challenge to do it off the rear of the ship at sea.

I didn't ask though if they brought their own tackle or if the ship provides the rods and reels and what bait works best.

Have a great time just a thought

Archived