4038 nautica- Upgrades

doggylover

I posted once before regarding this cabin and still wondering if anyone has been in this cabin. I was in 4052 on my last cruise and it was noisy.

Per oceania there is no noise in this cabin., Does anyone know how upgrades are offered?

I was given an upgrade on my first booking, however, as a repeat customer was not offered any upgrade after writing Oceania regarding my concerns and last noisy cabin?

Your thoughts are most welcome.

Happy New year and many great cruises

I think if you want an upgrade just book the cabin cat. on your initial booking.

If they offer an upgrade it is for a fee.

I don't think they offer upgrades just because you complain ;)

We are booked in 4050 for next year so wondering what type of noise you encountered?

Just a few days ago, we were offered an upgrade to a balcony cabin on Regatta, 3-22-08, trans-Atlantic, Miami to Barcelona. They wanted $100.00 per person.

We declined - happy where we are, #4041. We've been down on 4 deck twice before, with no noise issues.

I have heard that the cabins immediately adjacent to the Purser's Desk can be somewhat noisy, with door slammings, etc.

Last cruise I just disembarked I booked a G gaurantee and got upgraded to an F on deck seven without asking or doing anything. Just lucky I guess. It was much appreciated.

I was on for Nautica for a month and never heard "noise" of any kind, whether cabin or public areas.

When I sailed on Saga Rose last August, I booked late so had to buy a cabin that had been marked as having problems with HVAC noise. After being assured that it was an air noise, not a screeching noise, I booked the cabin and loved it - it was a huge inside cabin and I heard only a mild swooshing sound. The Saga agent said that if two passengers made a complaint about a cabin, a note was made in the computer system therefore, on that 40-year-old ship, 50% of the cabins had notes of some kind and they always disclosed the notes to their client.

Perhaps noise is in the ear of the beholder?

Ruby

I was booked Nautica rome singapore last november but 3 weeks before I was taken to hospital for a big operation,we were booked in PH suite so we were crushed,we are on the same trip this year in november in Balcony,but dont expect any upgrading,why would Oceania do that,it`s all business.I do realise that Oceania could have sold our cabin again as the ship was fully booked.Frede Sander

Archived