Tortuguero Canal

cdelahousse

Good evening,

My wife and I would like to visit the tortuguero Canal.

We will come to Puerto Limon by cruise (ship MSC Lirica) on the 12 february 2008 from 10h00 to 20h00 (could begin the visit at 10h30 and return to the ship at 19h00).

We want to do something a more personalized, informative tour than what the cruise ships generally offer. not something quickly with too many people on the boat.

I receive this offer from http://www.tortuguerocanals.com

"We go slowly up the rivers and canals to Pacuare, a village along the riverside where a delicious Caribbean lunch is served. We return by boat to Moin by approximately 2 to 3 p.m. The tour rate of $95/person includes 5 hours on the boat and the complete lunch with a tropical fruit drink"

Does anyone know this site ?

How much time do people spend on the tortuguero canal ?

Does anybody know a better option ?

I try to ask a few question to Charlie Soto but it seems that my time arriving (10h00) is not a good option to travel with him.

Thank you

This site is a mine of information :)

I try to ask a few question to Charlie Soto but it seems that my time arriving (10h00) is not a good option to travel with him.

Thank you

what was the problem with Charlie?

We have a tour booked with him for 10 am so I hope it is going to be OK

If you want a personalized tour just book a taxi driver at the port. We paid $45.00 per person for approx. a 3 hour tour which included a City tour and and the canal tour. Had our own english speaking taxi driver who was very informative. The canal tour was approx. 1 hour long. We had the boat to ourselves with an english speaking guide who took the time to point out the wildlife and stop the boat for a closer look or for pictures.

This would be the way to go if you do not want to be part of a large group.

Archived