Help us decide

IEfromGT05

A few friends and I (late 20s) are planning a 7 day-ish cruise for sometime in the mid May - June time period. I started looking and there are a lot of choices to pick from, so I thought I'd poll the collective wisdom of CC...

We've done a Western Caribbean itinerary the past few times, so we've gotten a little tired of Grand Cayman and Jamaica although we still enjoy Cozumel. We did Eastern Caribbean a little while ago and nothing really stood out as spectacular or not as great.

We don't care that much about the ship or getting a specific room/type of room. Itinerary and price are our 2 biggest concerns. We prefer to leave out of Florida (we drive from Atlanta).

Any suggestions for us?

DH and I are around the same age and have done the Western Caribbean several times. I have to say, we love Cozumel as well (and always end up at Carlos n Charlies!)

Check the options on the Carnival Triumph, it has a few different itineraries, some going to San Juan, Half Moon Cay and Grand Turk. We're going in April as it was something different than the usual. Grand Turk is much like Costa Maya from what we have heard- it's a small island that has a pier built specifically by Carnival. We loved Costa Maya on our Miracle cruise. We enjoyed great food on a beautiful beach with cold buckets of beer:D Check out some of the ports of call boards to see what peaks your interest and then look for ships that go to those places :)

Jen

I don't remember which ship it is that is doing it but I think it might have been the miracle...this is the one I am dying to go on....

Panama Canal

Limon

Belize

We have been to Belize but didn't get to do what we really wanted to do when we were there so we would like to go back and I am dying to do the Panama Canal and Limon. Good Luck on your search!

GF and I are also in our mid 20s. We go to school up north but are originally from central FL and also leave from FL on many of our cruises. We recently booked a cruise on the Legend, leaving may 18th from Tampa (which is a straight shot down I- 75 for you guys). The prices there are cheaper than any of the other boats by at least 50 to 60 dollars per ticket from what we noticed (We booked through a AAA travel agent). We had a past passenger upgrade and originally booked a balcony room, category 8C(extended balcony) for $983 a person but switched to category 8E (Extended balcony) so we could have an aft room (on the very back of the boat) and it was only $1043 a person. Not a bad price for an extended balcony on a 7 day cruise.

The lineup through the western caribbean includes Cozumel which you said you like, and then goes to Grand Cayman, Isla Roatan and Belize.

GF and myself are looking for other couples in our age range to do things with on our cruise but have come up empty thus far... would be cool if you chose to go on the legend as your time frame matches up nicely with ours.

Hope the info helped

Buddy

Definitively try Grand Turk and the beautiful Half Moon cay. I don't know which Eastern caribbean route you took, but if you haven't tried Half moon, then you gotta try paradise!!!

I went on May, 2006 and I cannot wait to go back soon. It's a dream. I am 24 anf GF is 23.... that was out fav stop.

I'd be fine if I never stopped in Nassau or Grand Turk again. GT doesn't do much for me (other than the Horseback Ride & Swim which is fantastic). If I were more of a swimmer/snorkeler, it would appeal to me more.

Now, Half Moon Cay? I'd go there every week if I could! Absolutely fabulous beach.

Currently trying to decide between Legend from Tampa, 12/14/08, 7-day, 2 at sea, Grand Cayman, Cozumel, Belize, & Roatan or Miracle from FLL, 12/15/08, 8-day, 4 at sea, Panama, Costa Rica, Belize.

Decisions, decisions!

Archived