Limon Chalie Soto tours

cruises4us

:mad:You may want to use another tour. We used his in October and thought it was a complete waste of time. We were crowded into a too-small jeep and had very sub-average tours, including the boring river boat tour. It was not a professional tour by any means; use your time more wisely and my suggestion would be to book elsewhere.

We used okeydokey tours yesterday and although it started out a little late and some confusion as to who was taking us and when - it went very which George - was very good,- very animated and knowledgable. the driver Staton was helpful too. We were only 4 people on this tour, one couple never showed up. We paid $54.00 each which did include lunch( delicious chicken or beef, rice, beans and salad. George went back to the van to get me diet coke as the restaurant did not have it. Last night we found out that others took tours from the vendors waiting outside and paid $ 30.00 for a very similar tour without lunch - We were still pleased, the day turned out very well and came back with plenty of time to do shopping in the market outside. Bought coffee in a grocery store - 3 bags for $ 5.00

Good luck.

May I please jump in and say we went with Charlie Soto himself and had a fabulous tour. We told him what we wanted to see and he knew exactly where to take us. He knows and loves his country and made us love it also. I am hoping to one day tour with him again.

We went with a group of other CC'ers on the Charlie Soto B2 tour. Did not see the animals as promised also we were not taken to the fabulous beach area but to a Local's area with so so beans, rice and chicken. After the meal we were told to leave a tip which I am sure more than covered the cost of the meal and drinks. When we asked to see some Sloths we were told they were not in the area. We knew this to be wrong as other CC'ers and also Princess groups had seen them. I certainly would not recommend Charlie and would try to book with someone else.

We just returned from our Panama Canal cruise yesterday and we booked the A-1 tour with Charlie in Limon, Costa Rica. It was one of the highlights of our cruise! There were two of us and another couple from our cruise on our tour.

Charlies is awesome! He met us at the port and spent some time talking with us. He introduced us to our driver Staton and our guide Jorge. We were in an air conditioned van and as promised, had beer, water and soda available. The guides were very personable and knowledgeable about Costa Rica and we made all of the promised stops. They pointed out the flora, we saw howler monkeys, sloths, tasted local fruit, went to the banana plantation, and stopped at the local supermarket so we could purchase coffee and other items. We had a very knowledgeable guide in the Tortuguero canal who really loved his job and took the time to educate us about and find wildlife. Then we went to Playa Bonita beach where we had a delicious lunch of either chicken or beef, rice and beans, salad and beer. Charlie met us there and brought a huge, delicious chocolate birthday cake for my husband and we had a wonderful celebration and great conversation with Charlie, the guides and the other group from our cruise that went on the A-2 tour (with the zipline). Our tour lasted much longer than advertised yet we were back to the ship in plenty of time.

I highly recommend booking a tour with Charlie Soto. The tour was so much fun and was well worth $54! Some of the people from our ship did similar excursions that were much shorter in length and not as high quality as Charlie's was. We truly enjoyed our day in Costa Rica!

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask.

Enjoy!

Nancy

We just returned from our Panama Canal cruise yesterday and we booked the A-1 tour with Charlie in Limon, Costa Rica. It was one of the highlights of our cruise! There were two of us and another couple from our cruise on our tour.

Charlies is awesome! He met us at the port and spent some time talking with us. He introduced us to our driver Staton and our guide Jorge. We were in an air conditioned van and as promised, had beer, water and soda available. The guides were very personable and knowledgeable about Costa Rica and we made all of the promised stops. They pointed out the flora, we saw howler monkeys, sloths, tasted local fruit, went to the banana plantation, and stopped at the local supermarket so we could purchase coffee and other items. We had a very knowledgeable guide in the Tortuguero canal who really loved his job and took the time to educate us about and find wildlife. Then we went to Playa Bonita beach where we had a delicious lunch of either chicken or beef, rice and beans, salad and beer. Charlie met us there and brought a huge, delicious chocolate birthday cake for my husband and we had a wonderful celebration and great conversation with Charlie, the guides and the other group from our cruise that went on the A-2 tour (with the zipline). Our tour lasted much longer than advertised yet we were back to the ship in plenty of time.

I highly recommend booking a tour with Charlie Soto. The tour was so much fun and was well worth $54! Some of the people from our ship did similar excursions that were much shorter in length and not as high quality as Charlie's was. We truly enjoyed our day in Costa Rica!

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask.

Enjoy!

Nancy

Maybe this answers my question - three of us want to zip line and the rest do not - want beach time. Can we seperate with Charlie's group and then meet up at the beach? Thanks & glad to hear you had such a nice time!!

Maybe this answers my question - three of us want to zip line and the rest do not - want beach time. Can we seperate with Charlie's group and then meet up at the beach? Thanks & glad to hear you had such a nice time!!

when I asked about the A1 tour I wanted to be sure we were not held up by zip liners

Charlie said the zip liners go in a different van, so I would think you would be OK

Archived