Help me pick a table

dakrewser

For our Volendam cruise in May, we get to choose the table we want. Yeah!

(There's a map of the DR here )

Last time on the ship (over 2 years ago) we were at table 44. Since we were in the Caribbean, we couldn't tell which other 2-tops had good "views" thru the windows.

I was thinking that tables 54,55,58 or 59 - at the rear of the DR - might have good views aft.

Anyone with an opinion - please chime in!

JMO - but we gave up having tables for 2 by the windows as there always seem to people who want the curtains closed.

Good luck.

In Alaska? With all of that scenery floating by??

Our table by the window on the Prinsendam was one of the highlights of our Baltic cruise.

But it may be better to pick one near the stairs with a sightline to the windows. At least that way there's something to watch even if the drapes are closed! ;)

Last time on the ship (over 2 years ago) we were at table 44. Since we were in the Caribbean, we couldn't tell which other 2-tops had good "views" thru the windows.

I was thinking that tables 54,55,58 or 59 - at the rear of the DR - might have good views aft.

We decided not to go after tables by windows because the first time we did this (Alaska) we got moved half way through the cruise (since it was really a 4 top). We like the railing and it has been dark by 8:00pm. There appear to be 10 options on this ship.

How/Why is it that you get to choose the table you want?

We get to have the time we want and table size but are never promised the specific table.

That being said, we have never failed to be seated at the table of our choice but know it could happen.

For two tops, we think the ones along the rail are good.

How/Why is it that you get to choose the table you want? We get to have the time we want and table size but are never promised the specific table.

It's the "sweetener" in the 'Suite Elite' package - supposedly they'll guarantee your choice of table

That being said, we have never failed to be seated at the table of our choice but know it could happen.

For two tops, we think the ones along the rail are good.

And DW agrees, so that's what we're taking, table #74...

It's the "sweetener" in the 'Suite Elite' package - supposedly they'll guarantee your choice of table

Aha......that's right. I forgot we talked about that last week or the week before. We'll just have to keep testing our luck by just being in an "S". We are very appreciative that, to date, they have never disappointed.

[/b]

And DW agrees, so that's what we're taking, table #74...

Sounds good to me. :)

We had a table for 4 once a long time ago on an Alaskan cruise by the window -- oh yes - the curtains were sometimes closed because we did get some beautiful days and some people just can't stand the sun.

That's why we always before to ask for a table for 2 by the railing - no curtains there.

Archived