Applying Rewards points ??

I have requested certificates from my RCCL Visa. The BOA rep gave me the certificate #. The paper certificate hasnt arrived. Can I call and give the certificate # prior to sending in the paper cert? Is the obc applied prior to cruising? How can I be sure that the obc is credited.

Chris, when are you sailing? The certificates are only good for 6 months from date of issue. Also, we were told its easier if you let your travel agent handle the certificate once you receive it. All the info is on the back of the certificate regarding procedures for redemption. I hope this helps a little.:)

Chris, I am assuming you are talking about the Royal Points coupon with your RCI Visa card? If your Bank of America rep gave you the Coupon number, you can call your Crown and Anchor rep and have them add it as an onboard credit. Once your get the certificate (in about 2 weeks), you will need to complete the back and mail it to RCI Crown and Anchor in Wichita, KS. After a few day, I would continually call C & A to make sure the credit was applied properly. Being this close to your sail date, I would advise handling it yourself, keep copies of everything, and follow up every few days. Good luck and enjoy your cruise! Those onboard credits sure come in handy!:)

This is the number on the back of the certificate. 1-888-305-4626 Hope this helps.:)

This is the number to the RCI Coupon Redemption Center. Once the OBC is attached to your booking number it stays with that booking number. If you decide to change itineraries/ships/sailing date you will not lose the OBC as long as you keep the same booking number.

I just processed my RC points. It took about a week or so to get the coupon from BOA. I then called C&A and asked how I obtain OBC as there wasn't a block for that option on back of the coupon.

The rep told me to just write in the amount of OBC I was entitled to and then mail the form to them.

I photocopied front and back and it's now in the mail.

depending on when you are sailing they'll even let you fax the certificates in-just give 'em a call.

The only downside we had is that we had paid our cruise in full EXCEPT for the $150 cruise discount that was going to be coming from VISA.

Of course we got hit with the fuel surcharge and then the next day the credits were applied.

I just recieved my points certificates today. The holiday mail slowed it down a bit. My experience is that once you send them back, the turn around time is pretty quick. I am sending my coupons in tomorrow for our 1/31 cruise....I am not worried.

I have never had a problem, as long as you send them out quickly.;)

depending on when you are sailing they'll even let you fax the certificates in-just give 'em a call.

The only downside we had is that we had paid our cruise in full EXCEPT for the $150 cruise discount that was going to be coming from VISA.

Of course we got hit with the fuel surcharge and then the next day the credits were applied.

What do you mean about the downsize and paying in full. We have enough points to receive $400 OBC but was not planning on sending the certificates in until after our cruise is paid in full (just days after). Can we or should we NOT do this? Thanks

What do you mean about the downsize and paying in full. We have enough points to receive $400 OBC but was not planning on sending the certificates in until after our cruise is paid in full (just days after). Can we or should we NOT do this? Thanks

You can pay in full and then send your certificates in any time after that to get the OBC.

On Board Credits are different than Cruise Discounts which is usually what we do. You can send the OBC coupons in anytime-just keep track of them because they don't show up on your reservation anywhere. The service desk will have them and we've never lost any but it's always better to be safe than sorry (and to have proof)

We are sailing on the Voyager on 2/17.08. I think the only time the TA handles the certificates is when you are doing an upgrade or using the certificate to pay for part/all of the cruise.

Does this mean that if I book through a TA that I can still call C&A with my certificates and apply them myself? I thought once a TA took over or booked the cruise they "owned" the booking and the customer couldn't talk directly to RCI. Well, at least that is how it was with another company. Wonderful if I can still do this if I let a TA handle the other parts.

Does this mean that if I book through a TA that I can still call C&A with my certificates and apply them myself? I thought once a TA took over or booked the cruise they "owned" the booking and the customer couldn't talk directly to RCI. Well, at least that is how it was with another company. Wonderful if I can still do this if I let a TA handle the other parts.

Certificates that you receive from cashing in points have nothing to do with a TA. You can call 1-888-305-4626 once you receive your certificates, give RCI coupon Redemption Center the Certificate number that appears in the upper right hand corner along with your booking number and how you want to use the points. Then you can fill in the certificates, make a copy and send them in to the address shown.

The TA owns the booking for anything that you want to change regarding the booking number. As in making air arrangements, cabin changes, dining preferences, balcony discounts if you are a Platinum/D/D+ member, C&A coupons that might apply to your sailing, etc.

Some people claim to have gotten great deals from TA's but frankly, I've never seen it.

With my C&A discounts, the loyalty discounts, and the savings certificates I've always been able to get a lower price by booking myself online.

Thank you all for this information. I was told 1 week ago, by BOA, that it takes 4-6 weeks to get the certificate. I was "told" that this information is in my credit card contact information so it should not be a surprise.

I had asked if there was anyway to expidite the process and was told "No" Thank you for this post! I just got my certificate number and called it into RCCL

2 weeks to go! :D

Thank you all for this information. I was told 1 week ago, by BOA, that it takes 4-6 weeks to get the certificate. I was "told" that this information is in my credit card contact information so it should not be a surprise.

I had asked if there was anyway to expidite the process and was told "No" Thank you for this post! I just got my certificate number and called it into RCCL

2 weeks to go! :D

They say 4-6 to play it safe. I usually get mine in a week or so. Once you have the actual certificates you can call RC and FAX them in and they'll apply them. If you're cutting it really close, On Board Credits are the best option since they don't have to order you anything or change your cabin.

I'm not sure if anything can be done if VISA doesn't get you the certificates in time, I'd just call them to see if they have the certificate #'s after a week or so...

We have already booked an April 18th, 3 night sailing on the Sovereign and are in a JS. I am trying to figure out the best way to use my 50K Visa Rewards Points. We know for 50k you can get 500.00 off the purchase of a cruise/onboard credit or a 3 night Bahamas cruise for 2, minimum oceanview state room. On this sailing the min oceanview is $319.00 (rccl website).

How does this work -

I have read on the boards that you call BOA and request a certificate for the 50K. Then contact RCCL and apply the certificate number to the booking.

Will we get the 638.00 (319.00 x 2)(understand we will have to pay the difference from an oceanview to JS) or will we get the 500.00? Has anyone done this before and what did you get?

Archived