Here on Windsurf for the 1st Time--LOVE IT!

bzv143

To anyone--a newbie like myself--who is worried, questioning, hesitant about sailing on Windsurf for the first time, I am here to say I was you until this past Sunday when I boarded Windsurf and fell in love.

We will be finishing up our cruise in 2 days, and I am so very sorry to leave this great ship. We had only sailed on the larger liners--mostly RCI and Princess--but now I do not want to sail on any of those again. We watched the people get off Sea Princess yesterday and it looked like a cattle call.

Here is what I like about Windsurf:

1) No lines for anything: check-in, buffets, disembarking, etc.

2) Coffee is actually REAL! No reconstituted liquid.

3) Food is divine--the desserts are to die for!

4) How much more friendly can the crew get? We get called by name!

4) Spa is fabulous--had a Massage Under the Stars last night that was a dream.

5) Walked without invite into the Bridge and talked with the crew. Felt it was my personal yacht, and I was the Owner!

6) The 2 bathrooms in our suite are fab accessories!

7) The L'Occitane bath products are great; the shower is one of the best I've experienced....ever; the cabin storage is almost too much; the ability to get internet access in our cabin is fabulous.

8) The crew show is an absolute Must-See!!!

9) Did I mention the coffee and desserts and chocolate everywhere are to die for? ;)

Bottom line--I will now hate to get on another ship. A can of worms has opened and cannot be shut. I am trying to get ahold of my travel agent now to book, book, book again!!!!!

I'm so glad you are having such a great time. I agree with everything you say about the Windstar Cruise line.

Here are some of mine:

1) Friendly crew who remember how you like your omlets

2) Fresh flowers in your room

3) Comfy robe and slippers

4) The sports deck! Swimming off the back of the ship.

5) No kids

6) No blaring disco by the pool

7) No lounge chair wars

8) Raising the sails to the music of 1492

9) Watching a DVD movie on your flat screen TV

10) The evening Bar-b-q (forget hotdogs and hamburgers.. we're talking lobster and lamb)

11) Windstar Beach bags in your room

12) No tacky baseball caps, shorts, or jeans at dinner

13) Home baked bread, and those cookies... mmmmmmm

14) Being able to go on the bridge and watch the ship being sailed

15) No "Crack-its" or Bingo

16) No annoying commercials over the intercom for "Today's Giftshop Special"

17) The most comfortable bed I've ever slept in, with the most fluffy pillows on the planet

18) Cool, moist towels waiting for you in the lobby when you return from the tender

19) Evening cocktail hours

20) Eating breakfast on the deck

I could go on and on....

Yep.. I know how you feel. I've been on many cruise ships, but Windstar is the way to go. We're already looking at the Barbados trip in a few months. I'm hooked too.

I enjoyed feeling like Windstar was not trying to squeeze money out of me at every turn. No ship photographer with a dolphin or pirate prop to disrupt the nice dinner I was having. Nobody offering me a welcome drink and then handing me a slip that indicates the welcome is worth 7 bucks. The welcome drink on Windstar was complimentary along with the cool, moist towels. Although the crew was probably working for tips as they do on most lines, I didn’t get the impression that they were providing excellent service just for a good tip. They actually seemed to enjoy just providing it.

• 4 weeks later...

We did Athens-Istanbul on Wind Spirit last summer and booked Venice-Rome on Wind Surf this July. We loved the Wind Spirit and think the Wind Surf will be even better - for all the reasons mentioned in the previous posts. There is nothing wrong with the mega-ships, if you're looking for a "major resort" at sea. And while the Windstar ships don't have the shows, spa's, art auctions, etc, they make up for it with a more personal experience. Like being on a friend's yacht -if you're fortunate enough to have friends with yachts. Some of the reviews are scary, but I thnk many of the critics were looking for a mega-ship experience on a small yacht.

Archived