Condado Plaza

love2cruiseseattle

I was there the first week of December. They were still working on the lobby area when we were there. The style is very contemporary and sleek. It looks like it will be very pretty when it is all done. The rooms were nice, beware if you are sharing a room with people you do not know very well. The bathroom doors slide open and have frosted panels on them. The doors are not pocket doors so when you slide them closed there are still spaces that are open on the sides. There is also a shower that is 4 walls glass in the middle of the bathroom, not too much privacy. The staff was disorganzied but we were there with a large group and that may have had something to do with it. The walls are also very thin and the tile floors in the room make sound carry. We heard many conversations of people walikng by in the halls, not muffled sounds, actual conversations and one afternoon the people next door were watching a football game and we heard it play by play. Would I go back? I would try to never have to stay in PR overnight if I could avoid it, been there a few times, done that, not my thing. I liked the look of the hotel, the location is fair in the scheme of things but if I had to stay in PR again for the right price I would stay there.

Suzanne, we had transportation provided to us because we were there with a group so I can not answer that. As for the shops, if you leave the hotel and walk to the left about 3/4 of a mile down is a row of shops that are high end stores stuff like Gucci although I can not remember all of what they were. There were just a few of them there, though. Not too many of other kinds of shops that I noticed. As for food, there were a few little places to eat that sounded interesting in the area, we ended up going to a Chili's that was about a block away. For dinner the one night that it was not provided for us we went to old San Juan and ate a Aquaviva, excellent food and service. It is a small place great atmosphere and great food too.

Archived