Cruise Director List 2008

MrPete

Hi

We were just on the Pride from Nov 30-Dec 07 and Marc Price was the CD. I see on the updated list he is gone already! While I was on the cruise I thought he had been there forever - but now reading these boards I realize he hadn't been on there very long at all. I can't find his biography either - just curious as to what his story is! Any info - thanks!

Lorri

Hi

We were just on the Pride from Nov 30-Dec 07 and Marc Price was the CD. I see on the updated list he is gone already! While I was on the cruise I thought he had been there forever - but now reading these boards I realize he hadn't been on there very long at all. I can't find his biography either - just curious as to what his story is! Any info - thanks!

Lorri

Possibly vacation. Looks like he'll be back on the Pride on 1/11/09.

Jacques De Lange was the CD on Fascination last week.

Did this guy just recently get "promoted" from an assistant? He was the CD on the 12/13 sailing, and I dont think he could come up with an original joke if someone held a gun to his head. :rolleyes: Absolutely the worst CD we have ever had.

HOWEVER, it did not have any effect on the enjoyment of our cruise!:D

Did this guy just recently get "promoted" from an assistant? He was the CD on the 12/13 sailing, and I dont think he could come up with an original joke if someone held a gun to his head. :rolleyes: Absolutely the worst CD we have ever had.

He was a social host on my 12/3/06 Miracle cruise, so he'd have to be a pretty new CD. Perhaps it was his first cruise as a CD and he was nervous?? Maybe not the best CD, but he is easy on the eyes;)

2055478670103396561S425x425Q85.jpg

Conquest: WEE JIMMY

Destiny: JEN BAXTER

Ecstasy: STEVE CASSEL

Elation: STEWART DUNN

Fantasy: BIG TEX

Fascination: JACQUES DeLANGE

Freedom: LENNY HALLIDAY

Glory: BUTCH BEGOVITCH

Holiday: TORY SECOY

Imagination: SKIP LYONS

Inspiration: PHILPE COUTO

Legend: SHAWN BUSSEY

Liberty: STEVE KNISLEY

Miracle: BRENT MITCHELL

Paradise: JEFF BRONSON

Pride: DAN GHILDARDUCCI

Sensation: PAUL SANTLEY

Splendor: GOOSE NEUMANN

Spirit: KIRK BENNING

Triumph: RYAN FITZGERALD

Valor: CHRIS JEFFERSON

Victory: KARL with a K

There are times when an ACD will have to substitute for a CD if there is a family emergency that the CD has to leave for. Usually for a week or two.

I know that Jaime was just promoted to ACD on the Pride and due to a family emergency ... DAN (the CD) had to leave the ship and Jaime will "instantly" be CD for a week or two.

Since she just became ACD .... and does not have a lot of "Stage Experience" yet.... the MC will probably be the hardest part.

Any opinions on Kirk Benning?? I sail the Spirit next month....I don't think I've heard any talk about him?? :confused:

In recent reviews I've noticed that some love him & some dislike him. Some thought he was personable & some thought he was too much of a 'dj' personality. Personally, I liked him... I've sailed with a lot of CDs I found annoying, but I thought Kirk was funny. Another person in our roll call thought he wa sthe best CD ever - and others from roll calls after ours didn't like him at all. (He even came by our cabin crawl the first sea day; then mentioned it on the ship 'news' channel the next morning!)

In recent reviews I've noticed that some love him & some dislike him. Some thought he was personable & some thought he was too much of a 'dj' personality. Personally, I liked him... I've sailed with a lot of CDs I found annoying, but I thought Kirk was funny. Another person in our roll call thought he wa sthe best CD ever - and others from roll calls after ours didn't like him at all. (He even came by our cabin crawl the first sea day; then mentioned it on the ship 'news' channel the next morning!)

thanks for the info! I think it's like that for any CD. I personally LOVED Wee Jimmy, while other people couldn't stand him. To each his own I guess......I'll let you know how I like Kirk when we get back. :D

Anyone ever have him as their CD?

FWIW. Wee Jimmy is my fav.

We sailed with Paul Santley back in 2003 and loved him.

He was very visible on the Promenade every night. A delight to talk to.

He taught me one of the songs I do in karaoke "Can You Feel The Love Tonight".

His nephew Joey is the karaoke host on the Ecstasy!

i saw this list, but was actually wondering if you had the names of the acd's. i just recently got back from the sensation and was trying to find her. her name was calyn if that helps...

My son worked with Calyn on the Sensation. I think she is on the Triumph now.

I noticed on Mr. Petes updated list he has Jen Baxter on the Destiny:p, Geez..... we had her as CD on our cruise last year aboard the Legend. Im hoping there will be a change before then but it probably wont happen.

As many have said a CD doesn't make or break your cruise but when you have had a few really good ones you kind of expect that extra little something. Jen was at best "a source of information", we didn't find her to be entertaining, funny or even a people person like so many CD's are.

Oh well,,, heres hoping fo a great cruise no matter what.:)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived