Did we get a good upgrade?

xan51090

I was just checking my Carnival reservation on the Liberty 4/20/08 sailing this morning and they have assigned us our cabin. We had booked an 8A balcony guarantee and they've given us an 8E on the Panorama deck, cabin 1043. I checked the deck plans and there are cabins under us but it appears the beauty salon on the Spa deck is over us. Would this location be particularly noisy? How early does the beauty salon open? Any info on the deck, room would be GREATLY appreciated.:)

Would this location be particularly noisy?

Nope, quiet as mouse up there. We've stayed ln 1102 on Glory and there's no traffic and very few cabins above you. Not sure what time the spa opens, six AM sticks in my mind. You should have a great view and it's a very good upgrade.

I was just checking my Carnival reservation on the Liberty 4/20/08 sailing this morning and they have assigned us our cabin. We had booked an 8A balcony guarantee and they've given us an 8E on the Panorama deck, cabin 1043. I checked the deck plans and there are cabins under us but it appears the beauty salon on the Spa deck is over us. Would this location be particularly noisy? How early does the beauty salon open? Any info on the deck, room would be GREATLY appreciated.:)

There should not be any problem, my sister always books these cabins for her family, loves the convience to everything. So we booked same cabin on a Princess cruise, my initial concern was feeling the movement of the ship but no problems, my sister was right! However we are hooked on 9A's for now just love the additional space.

Xan,

we are cruising 4/19 on the Glory. Can I ask if you did paper or edocs? wondering if that's how you can see your cabin already. We did edocs and it wont let me view. It says you have to be paid in full and I am.

I guess I may have to wait for my paper docs to be mailed first. Any info is helpful. Thanks.:)

Someone, please correct me if I am wrong, but we were on the Valor and got upgraded to Panorama 1038. If the Valor is the same as the Liberty, you have a great upgrade!!! We LOVED it up there. There are not a lot of cabins on that deck, and it is extremely convenient to the pool and outside decks. We couldn't have asked for anything better - well, maybe a suite!!! We didn't hear a thing above or below us. Very quiet deck.

Thanks to all of you for your information. I'm soooooooo excited now!!

For NJCruiser 23 - I went into my reservation & clicked on "modify this reservation". It gives you all the information. Up until today it had said "cabin category 8A gty, TBA". Then today, WOW!!

For MrPete - We saved $350/person. YEAHHHHHHHH!!!

I was just looking through my Feb. capers for Liberty, and the spa was open 8am -8pm, with it being open 1 night until 10, another until 11. I woldn't think it would be too noisy though, depends on how late you like to stay out and how late you like to sleep.

Xan,

we are cruising 4/19 on the Glory. We did edocs and it wont let me view. It says you have to be paid in full and I am.

I guess I may have to wait for my paper docs to be mailed first. Any info is helpful. Thanks.:)

If you did edocs they wouldnt mail paper docs

PS you may want to check with your PVP or TA to find out why the Carnival site thinks you are not paid in full, like is this a group cruise and its someone else holding it up?

Xan,

we are cruising 4/19 on the Glory. Can I ask if you did paper or edocs? wondering if that's how you can see your cabin already. We did edocs and it wont let me view. It says you have to be paid in full and I am.

If you clicked on e-docs you will never ever get paper ones in the mail. Once you say you want e-docs that is your only option, they don't send paper if you say e-docs. Sorry but you going to have to print them off and just sit and wait till they show your cabin online. If you had gotten paper doc in the mail without nowing cabin number there is a special code hiding in the forms with you cabin number but it hiding in a 10-20 letter code but i know how to crack it!!! It was posted her a few days ago so if you want to know how ask me

If you had gotten paper doc in the mail with your cabin number as TBA there is a special code hiding in the forms with you cabin number but it hiding in a 10-20 letter code but i know how to crack it!!! Here is how... look on the back of the Sign & Sail Account card ( maybe other pages, but look for something like this).... at the bottom of the page is a set of numbers that should start with your booking number. Immediately after that should be your cabin number.... Then a set of letters for the ship name, your sail date and your name.

Example - 8W2R017301VA20080113. 8W2R01 is the booking number, 7301 is the cabin #, VA is Valor, 20080113 is the sail date 01/13/08 and then maybe your last name or other numbers

xan51090...

Have you checked out the roll call message boards section of CruiseCritic?

We have a roll call started for this cruise. We have quite a few cruisecritic members that are going. We would love for you to join our roll call, and for you to join us for a bon voyage drink as we set sail.

Maureen

When we booked in June for a group cruise on the Liberty for MArch 29th 08 the past guest perk was for a 4 category upgrade. We booked 8A and got balcony cabins on the panorama deck. They have so far gone up $500 from what we paid so we are quite pleased.

Bob

I'm sorry everyone I mistyped. I meant that I WAS requesting PAPERDOCS, NOT EDOCS. Well now I tried looking because I thought you could still VIEW the info and I did not ask for it , but now it is saying I

requested edocs. So looks like now I'm getting edocs anyway. Thanks

for any your info. Sorry that I mistyped it TWICE before. I called TA and I am paid in full, Carnival is just taking their time reflecting it. She said it should be in there by Monday. I did almost a week ago. Thanks all,

Bon.:D :D

Archived