Cabana at Half Moon Cay

#1cruiseaholic

I can't remember how much they were but can tell you they were well worth it! We booked ours as soon as we got on the ship since they disappear pretty quick. Then we invited our tablemates to pitch in and join us. Two of them decided to do so. The night before stopping there we went to the desk and let them know that our friends were going to join us, gave their sizes for fins and they gave us the money for their part. The a/c was wonderful! Having a shower right there to rinse the sand off was great! We had enough soda, water, etc. to bring some back on the ship with us. The little misting things were nice for when we were laying out relaxing. If we ever stop at Half Moon Cay again we will be sure to rent another one.

Have a great time! Oh, and we were told by our other tablemates that if you walk down the beach, past the horse area, and around the rocky formation there is some good snorkeling. We just snorkeled right there infront of our cabanna and saw starfish, sand dollars, a few fish, and a baby stingray.

The cabanas are 219.00 for the day. Well worth the money; its just a shame that you can not pre-book these, you have to wait until you are on the ship.

they have added a few since I was there in 05 - I believe there are 15 of them.

Enjoy

This was an incredible experience. You are tendered off the ship first to the island so you can have the entire day in your cabana. We loved it we rented one as soon as we got on the ship. Many peple didnt know about them and were stopping by to check them out. We invited some of our table mates to stop by and they loved the air conditioning and the fact w had food and beverages delivered to us. This is on experience i would love to do again and I hope on a future cruise we go to HMC again!!

We rented a cabana last month and it was $220. It was very worth it and would get one again in a heartbeat. We had #6 (the purple one). We booked it right away on Saturday after the shore excursion desk and got to pick which one we wanted. There were only 2 reserved at the time we got ours.

The ones by us (#6 and up) were all fairly close to the water--If it works, here is a picture of the ones further down the beach from ours. You can see how close they are to the water.

halfmooncay.jpg

I also just checked the price sheet I saved and if you don't rent a cabana (snorkel equip comes free with the cabana) then it is $16 a day to rent it for adults, and $10 for kids. The clam shells are $19.

We rented a cabana last month and it was $220. It was very worth it and would get one again in a heartbeat. We had #6 (the purple one). We booked it right away on Saturday after the shore excursion desk and got to pick which one we wanted. There were only 2 reserved at the time we got ours.

The ones by us (#6 and up) were all fairly close to the water--If it works, here is a picture of the ones further down the beach from ours. You can see how close they are to the water.

I also just checked the price sheet I saved and if you don't rent a cabana (snorkel equip comes free with the cabana) then it is $16 a day to rent it for adults, and $10 for kids. The clam shells are $19.

You just talked me into getting one of these for our Liberty cruise in May, thanks for posting the picture and your comments. I will be at the front dest as soon as we board.

To those that have been to HMC on CCL recently and have rented cabanas:

1. Do they have doors on them, or are they all open?. In the photos I've seen they appear not to have a door.

2. How far are the cabanas from where the tenders dock?

3. On the HAL website it says they have some sort of wheelchairs that will work in the sand. Did any of you folks visiting on CCL notice any of these chairs? Or do they only break them out when HAL ships are there?

My mother can't walk too well or too far at a time and these chairs would really help to get her to the cabanas.

4. What type food was included in the cabana rental?. I read chips/salsa/dip and veggies, Is this all? And is there wait staff dedicated to each cabana to bring drinks and lunch like there is for the bungalows on Princess Cays?

5. I will have 8 people in my group and we were planning to rent a cabana. Will we have to pay the extra charge for those over 4 people, or would those extra 4 people be able to hang out with us for the day? Basically just to have a place to drop beach bags and cool off for awhile.

Thanks!

Christine

Archived