Coral Princess Tour 'Costa Rica Favourites with Lunch'

sandav

Has anyone done the Costa Rica's Favourites with lunch Tour on Coral Princess on Panama Canal cruise. This includes the aerial tram ride and the Tortuguero Canals. The description states significant level of activity and walking or hiking boots needed. How much walking is needed and how difficult is it?

Sandav when I did this cruise in 2004 all they had was the Tortuguero Canal ride but not the aeriel tram part so that must be new. Anyway the canal part was terrific. Saw lots of monkeys, birds, sloths, alligators, etc. It was one of the highlights of our cruise. Highly recommend anything that has to do with the Turtugero Canal.

Marilyn

Has anyone done the Costa Rica's Favourites with lunch Tour on Coral Princess on Panama Canal cruise. This includes the aerial tram ride and the Tortuguero Canals. The description states significant level of activity and walking or hiking boots needed. How much walking is needed and how difficult is it?

This was one of the best toyrs we have done with Princess, if you can do the one that combines the Canal/Rain Forest take that. It is an all day affair but it was wonderful.

Not alot of hiking. Not difficult if you are active at all. Most just wore tennis shoes. :)

If you are looking for a Costa Rica tour that has very little walking we found one on our Chistmas Panama cruise on the Island. We took the Train and Boat tour. It was great! Very informative! It involves a bus ride to a small train depot, then a fun train trip to some very hard to see and get to areas of Costa Rica. The bus meets you at the end of the train and takes you to a river house to catch a comfortable covered boat. The river house was nice with amazingly clean bathrooms. There was a buffet of delicious fresh fruit, juices and water. Live music, a small market of local arts and really nice people. On the boat ride we saw alligators, wild Macaw parrots, herron, egrets and much more! Little to no walking. It was our favorite tour of the cruise and it was very resonably priced! Good Luck!

My wife and I tend not to do shore excursions, but we had a fabulous time during our Limon Costa Rica port call on the train, boat and banana plantation tour. Not sure if this is still offered. Our tour guide was wonderful and we learned a lot about Costa Rica while we were on the motor coach in between. As mentioned, the canal boat was especially nice and it included a nice assortment of fruit snacks. Minimal walking was required on the whole tour.

This was one of the BEST tours I have ever taken, and I tend to usually book my own private tours. We (a group of girls) did not want to venture out on our own in Costa Rica, so we booked this one.

The boat ride was awesome and we saw lots of wildlife. On the aerial tram we didn't see a whole lot of wildlife, but the scenery was beautiful. We loved it.

I have pictures on webshots of both the canal ride and the tram ride. Check out my link below and look for the Coral Princess 4/05 Part 2 & 3 pictures.

Oh - and there was VERY little walking. You ride to the tram and then just walk a little ways to the entrance.

Archived