Departure time from Seattle airport

retiredAF

We are booked on an early Jun Pearl Alaskan cruise and I am trying to book my air. I can get a good price on a non stop departing from Seattle at 1240 but I have read on some boards that the airport can be difficult to get through post cruise. Can anyone tell me how early they have booked flights out of Seattle after an Alaskan cruise and if they had any problems?

Thanks everyone.

This timeframe is very doable.

All the better if you can pack lighter and take advantage of the first off people who self disembark with all their luggage. I've done this many times. If staying in a villa/ high end cabins or platinum member you can be next off with VIP disembarkment, I've used this too.

Get a cab to the airport, don't bother waiting for the transfer bus. It will run about $35++

retiredAF,

I too am getting my ducks in a row for our Celebrity June trip. DT Seattle has construction going on, and is in the process of building a lite-rail service between the cruise port and the airport.

In addition to BudgetQueens experience, and the boards/posts, I called Celebrity Captain's Club, and was told I should NOT book any flight home before Noon, so the 12:40 you are looking at should be ok. The airport is within a half-hour IF THERE IS NO TRAFFIC DELAYS. An hour should be allotted.

Go on the web, Seattle Pier terminal and you will see a layout of the terminal, where to get taxi's and on-call limos, and additional info. The limos are a couple dollars more than taxi. I agree with not taking the shuttle bus.

If by chance the day of embarkation or disembarkation you have alot of time on your hands, there is also a service to store your luggage, $3/bag fee, until 3:30 in the afternoon.

Also, you can check cruisecal.com web for your dates in port and see how many other cruise ships are scheduled.

Safe travels!

Archived