Dolphin and Sea Lion Swim

magen16

Has anyone booked the Dolphin Royal Swim/ Sea Lion combo pkg. through Dolphin Discovery? Thinking of doing this for our Feb 13th cruise and just want feedback from anyone who has done this. It is $169 and includes admission to the park, both swims and a sea lion show. Is it worth the price????

magen16

I've done the Royal Swim and it's an unforgettable experience. I haven't experienced the Sea Lion Swim however from the feedback I have received some actually enjoyed it even more than the dolphin swim.

LKitt

roohound is correct ~ the only dolphin activity allowed for a 3 year old would be the dolphin encounter (with mom of course). The other programs require more swimming skills as well as min. height req. to do the "push" ~ "pull" activities.

Same min. req. for Sea Lion Swim.

Just FYI to all ~ Dolphins moved to a large pool today for safety reasons. Should be back tomorrow if all goes as planned!!

I booked the package through CozumelInsider and got to do it on 9/03.

What an awesome time! You get to spend a great deal of time up close and personal with the sea lions. They will give you a hug, pose for a picture while they kiss you and more.

The dolphin swim was simply amazing. I had done a dolphin swim with Discovery Cove Seaworld Orlando a few years ago and Dolphin Discovery simply blows it away. Just wait until you get to do the 'foot push' and then you will know what I mean.

Incredible, and easily worth twice the price...

We booked ours through cometocozumel.com. Due to Ivan the Sea Lions were not available last week but the Dolphin snorkle is a must do. It is by far the best experience of it's type we have done. Can't wait to do the Sea Lions next time. Also props to cometocozumel.com for the very quick refund we received without even having to make a phone call to follow up.

If you are thinking of doing this definately book it through the good tour operators and not the cruise lines. Our group was 8 people the cruise groups looked to be 12 to 15 people. We got plenty of dolphin time and were not rushed at all while the cruise groups looked a bit rushed. Taxis are $10 each way and we had no troubles at all. If you book through one of the tour packagers make sure to point out that admission is included to the dolphin discovery desk people as we were quickly given admission passes once this was pointed out on our reservation email. Otherwise they were about to send us back to purchase admissions.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm booked for March 2005! I booked through Cozumel Insider about a month ago. They got back to me right away and answered my many questions! If you haven't booked yet I would do it soon. I thought I was early, but some of the times for the dolphin swim were already filled. Good luck!

W went on the Dolphin Swim in November, 2002, with our teenaged daughters....they

would tell you that iot was THE BEST time of all our vacation excursions and trips.....

I don't think there was a sea lion thing at that time....maybe it's new.....go for it....you

won't be sorry!!!!

My daughter and a friend, both young adults, did the dolphin swim adventure/sea lions combination in August. They actually enjoyed the sea lion swim as much, if not more than the dolphin one because it was less orchestrated. And the picture of a sea lion on its hind fins "kissing" my daughter is one I will keep for a long time.

• 2 weeks later...

Would love to do both of these excursions. It would be a lovely surprise for my daughter.

Does anyone know how much it cost to do the 2 swims I don't want the encounters I want the swims and the best place to book for the price and how you're treated?

Thanks, CJ :) :)

CJ:

the cost of the Dolphin/Sea Lion swim packages vary from $119 to $165 based on the which level of dolphin swim you choose. All the packages include entry to the park, your choice of dolphin swim, a sea lion swim and a sea lion show. You can get more information at http://www.*****

Would love to do both of these excursions. It would be a lovely surprise for my daughter.

Does anyone know how much it cost to do the 2 swims I don't want the encounters I want the swims and the best place to book for the price and how you're treated?

Thanks, CJ :) :)

From http://www.CozumelInsider.com (who I would recommend booking with):

Package #4 INCLUDES: Entrance to Chankanaab Park

Swim With Sea Lions

Spectaular Sea Lion Show

Dolphin Royal Swim Adventure

COST: US$165 per/person (Value: $US193)

SCHEDULE: Offered Daily

Link: http://cozumelinsider.com/tours/dolphindiscovery/index.html#Packages

Sherri and Jacqueline at CozumelInsider.com helped me out greatly with setting up our excursion at Dolphin Discovery. We had a late change to our itinerary made when Carnival moved the stop at Cozumel from Thursday to Friday and they were quick to re-arrange things so that we were still able to go. I cannot imagine my wife's disappointment if we had missed her opportunity to swom with dolphins. They were also readily available to answer any questions I had - and I'm a nuerotic planner with LOT'S of questions - both via email and by phone. Based simply on service, I would go through them.

Whoever you go through, don't miss out on this! Book as early as possible because the spots do fill up quickly at certain times of the year.

The show is in the same pool where the swim is. One concern however...

The dolphin swim takes place in a fenced in area that is part of the open ocean. While walking on the boardwalk around the pen, you can clearly see some barracuda leering hungrily at you. They are completely separated from the dolphin area, but it can be a bit disconcerting at first glance. Just keep that person's attention on the inside area, and you should be fine... Although there are small fish in the dolphin enclosure also. They were swimming past us on the platform before the dolphin activity started, but once the dolphins came around, they were gone.

The show is in the same pool where the swim is. One concern however...

The dolphin swim takes place in a fenced in area that is part of the open ocean. While walking on the boardwalk around the pen, you can clearly see some barracuda leering hungrily at you. They are completely separated from the dolphin area, but it can be a bit disconcerting at first glance. Just keep that person's attention on the inside area, and you should be fine... Although there are small fish in the dolphin enclosure also. They were swimming past us on the platform before the dolphin activity started, but once the dolphins came around, they were gone.

I am not worried about the dolphin swim area , as we will not be doing that ( I did that in the spring) <never noticed the barracuda,,lol> I was just concerned about where the sea lion swim was, for the 'others' who will be going this time. they are bothered by fish in the ocean & won't go IN the water off the beach... I go snorkeling all the time, and to me, the fish are part of it!

so to reassure them,,,,,, it is IN a 'pool' off by itself, with no extra fish swimming around, right?

Archived