APT Cruises

SuJaDon

Hi,

I am from Australia and we have booked on an APT River cruise departing from Amsterdam (finishing in Instanbul - 22 days on the rivers and 4 days by bus via Gallipoli) for 26 days. Has anyone else been on an APT Cruise? If so what did you think of the cruise and were there any down sides to it? It would appear from the brochure that APT uses Amadeus Waterways boats. After reading most of your posts on here it would appear that this is an exceptional long cruise - do you think that we will tire of it? Any comments would be appreciated.

Sue

I have no experience with that particular cruise......

I can tell you when I was on Amadeus Tolstoy this summer, there were many people who booked the trip through APT. They all thought it was going to be an APT cruise and that APT ran the cruise and that everyone was from Australia. They were very surprised to find out that it was an Amadeus (Vodohod) trip and that most of the passengers were from Canada. Our breakdown was 1/2 Canadian, 1/4 Australian, 1/4 US and then a few English.

• 6 months later...
Hi,

I am from Australia and we have booked on an APT River cruise departing from Amsterdam (finishing in Instanbul - 22 days on the rivers and 4 days by bus via Gallipoli) for 26 days. Has anyone else been on an APT Cruise? If so what did you think of the cruise and were there any down sides to it? It would appear from the brochure that APT uses Amadeus Waterways boats. After reading most of your posts on here it would appear that this is an exceptional long cruise - do you think that we will tire of it? Any comments would be appreciated.

Sue

I have just finished that cruise which ended in russe. The three day bus trip to Istanbul was gruelling and on a cramped terrible not too clean bus. everyone bought the plague on to the busses which were sometimes ll or more hours on the road. some of the food stops were ghastly.

The cruise is overpriced for what it provides and cheap wines and substandard linen as well as recycled catering not some of the better bits of the cruise.

Archived