Beach question?

JJHNLC

Any particular watersports?

Sapphire is about a 15-20 minute drive from Havensight and about a 30-35 minute drive from Crown Bay, in low/moderate traffic.

--Islander

Do you know which port Carnival Freedom and Triumph uses?

Freedom docks at the WICO Dock, also known as Havensight. Went to Sapphire last week and am happy to report they are opening everything back up. The bar was open, the bar/grill is up and running and soon the main resturaunt will be open. They have all kinds of watersports available also.

If you go there, allow enough time to get back to your ship as the traffic gets worse the closer the time to leave.

Islander, we are looking to Jet Ski. Can you recommend a beach that has this, I know Megans Bay is the hot spot, but we were looking for some other options, also how far away are the beaches? We went to the Marroit Morning Star Beach last year and we loved it, but we wanted to try something we more activity this time.

Thanks

Jet Skis.... Coki, Sapphire, Sugar Bay, Bolongo, Morningstar.

Coki, Sapphire, Sugar Bay are close to each other... about 15 minutes from Havensight in low/moderate traffic to Coki, a minute more to Sugar Bay and a couple more minutes to Sapphire. Bolongo Bay is about 7-10 minutes from Havensight.

--Islander

:) Thanks for the Jet Ski info, we have been to Morningstar and we loved it there, I just didn't remember any Jet Skis. That will probably be our first choice.

I have another question, I remember that there is a ferry that takes you to St Johns for the day, but I can't remember how far away it is from port or how much it is to take the ferry.

Thanks so much, its nice to get info from someone who lives on the Island!:)

Ferry schedule - try http://search.yahoo.com/search;_ylt=A0geu7hBrodHp5cAp.VXNyoA?p=island+hopping+virgin+islands+ferry&fr=yfp-t-501&ei=UTF-8.

Two ferry departure points on St. Thomas; Red Hook (about 17-20 minute drive from Havensight) and Charlotte Amalie (about 1.4 miles from Havensight).

--Islander

Archived