savings coupons, names on ressie, and changing when on board??

We are both Diamond and the coupon is for $150 off a balcony. We want to take my son and daughter in law in an inside room. There is also a $75 Diamond coupon for inside. If we book the balcony in my name and my daughter in law's, and the inside in my husband and son's names, can't we apply both discount coupons? And how do we go about changing cabins once on board?

Yes it can be done, (we do it all the time for our family members). We just keep the rooms set the way we booked them. The only thing you have to worry about is the Sea Pass accounts. With that we use a credit card for me in my cabin and the same credit card for my DS in his cabin. My DS gives his seapass card then to my DH. That way he has the right card for a key to get in our cabin and his charges will go to the right seapass charge card and visa versa with my DS.

You also can request additional seapass cards when you get on the ship, just to be used as room keys.

We never mess with trying to get the right people listed to the correct cabins. You are risking losing that coupon value when you do that!

I think the diamond discount is per member, so if the diamond discount is 150 per balcony or above, you would receive 300 off that class room. I think by doing it the way you are thinking would reduce your overall savings. As far as 'switching rooms' we did it at check in....we kinda got the 'evil eye' but they redid the sea pass cards. Any discounts, OBC etc stayed with the room as it was booked tho. We may have been able to switch this as well but didn't want to be overly burdonsome. We just kept track of who had 'credits' in what room and spent accordingly on that account.

Have a fun cruise!

The Diamond, Platinum , etc. Discount is Per Cabin. You only need one C&A status member to get that discount for that cabin. If the discount is $200.00 for a Diamond , you do not get $400.00 because you have 2 Diamond members in that cabin. If you have one Diamond member in one cabin - you receive the $200.00 for that cabin and a second Diamond member in another cabin you receive $200.00 for that cabin also. That is the only way 2 seperate Diamond members will get both their Diamond values...by booking 2 cabins and one Diamond member in each!

Yes it can be done, (we do it all the time for our family members). We just keep the rooms set the way we booked them. The only thing you have to worry about is the Sea Pass accounts. With that we use a credit card for me in my cabin and the same credit card for my DS in his cabin. My DS gives his seapass card then to my DH. That way he has the right card for a key to get in our cabin and his charges will go to the right seapass charge card and visa versa with my DS.

You also can request additional seapass cards when you get on the ship, just to be used as room keys.

We never mess with trying to get the right people listed to the correct cabins. You are risking losing that coupon value when you do that!

At the suggestion of an RCCL booking agent, we did this when there was a senior discount offered. We split up my parents' reservation (they are both over 55) and put my father in with me and my kids, and we put my mother in with my husband. The beauty of a senior discount is that it is a PER PERSON discount and each person in the cabin gets the senior discount, regardless of his or her age. So by putting my dad in my cabin, all four of us (me, Dad, my two kids) each got the discount, and my mother and husband each got the discount, which was $100 per person on our sailing.

We kept the bookings as they were originally made and, after boarding, we went to the purser's desk and had extra key cards made so that my dad had a key to his cabin with my mom and so that my husband had a key to our cabin. The only disadvantage was that they each had to carry two cards (a seapass card and a key card), but they each carried a wallet everywhere so it wasn't a big deal for them.

As for the credit card, you can set that up however you want to when you do your setsail pass online. Even though my mom and dad weren't listed as being in the same cabin, we set their seapasses to bill the same credit card. Same with my husband and me. We set our seapasses to go onto our credit card. You will see you when you do your setsail pass that this is an easy thing to do.

I would never switch seapass cards. Your seapass card is needed every time you go to and from port, and they are scanned and show a picture.

Archived