Majesty 12/29/07 -Worst Cruise Ever!!!

Diana68

Diana, thanks for the review. I'm glad the Majesty can hold up to some rockin and rollin. We won't be sailing until September and I'm hoping not to be too sea sick.

Is it too early to start counting down the days to our cruise?

I'm already counting down to September and October:) It's never too soon.

This is an older ship, so I would compare it with other older ships, and in that regard, I think that it compares well. In the past when someone has asked about the Dream, having only sailed on newer ships, I have let them know the good and bad points of the smaller older ships.The sight lines in the theater aren't good, the buffets are very small,...but you get to know the crew and other passengers quickly, it's easy to get to where you want to be, and you can dock in places the larger ships can't get to. I say that the decor is like the difference between the Hilton or the Holiday Inn, yes the Hilton is nicer, but I'm fine with a nice clean Holiday Inn. If they are the kind of person who has to stay in a five star resort, skip the older ships. I'm not that kind of person.

We booked this trip while we were on the Dream last New Years. My DH loved sailing for New Years, and wanted to do it again. All of the ships sail for a premium during the holidays. I chose this ship because of the price. We did not get a $399 special, we payed almost $900pp times four, cat. D, two cabins; but all of the other ships would have been much more. I did watch the prices all year, but found nothing better. We usually drive to our ports, so driving to Charleston instead of Miami was a plus. We had never visited Charleston, so this gave us a chance to explore this great city. People have many reasons for choosing the trips that they do.

Hi Diana! I loved your review! Sometimes the worst vacations are the most fun aren't they? It truly amazes me how the staff can remember previous cruisers but I am sure you are very special to them! I can not wait to read about the Jewel and Dream adventures!

Coka

Hi Coka, I only wish that my reviews were as fun as yours!

Your name came up when I was asking Rusty, the latitudes rep, about 2.0. He said that you were his favorite It girl, and that he had voted for you. He even rattled on listing everything that you had done in your video to represent the different ships. His favorites were the Crown and the Pearl. When he heard that you had done a review of the sailing, he wanted to know the title so that he could search for it! Unfortunately I couldn't think of the title,:o but he said that he would look for it.

Ok Carole, you've got me there, I did have contraband. I have never been caught before, so it was my turn. I'm not trying to say that I didn't know it was wrong, just that our guy was really zealous and derived great joy from digging to the bottom of our suitcase, pulling out everything, even after he had found our stash. There were others that we befriended at the naughty room who just had shampoo bottles or water. They let us keep our pop and water.

We went on Spirit last year ... it was our first cruise on major line since 1997 and times have sure changed! We had no idea, prior to the cruise, that we were not allowed to bring alcohol aboard!! We brought aboard 2 litres of local Black Seal rum in luggage :eek: ... but noone spotted them :D ... they were gifts to some friends of ours in Barbados :p .

While aboard we remained unblissfully aware about the rule ... we bought 3 litres of Pusser's rum in Dominca to take home ... we just lugged them aboard in our backpack :eek: ... but noone spotted them again :D !!

We didn't open any :p !!

Now I've been reading on this CC that we'll think twice (or thrice) ... but the problem is, we're seeing the same friends in Barbados in March ...

(Too bad he wasn't a judge...hahaha)

I sailed the Majesty years ago pre and post stretching. I agree with your statements regarding the smaller/older ships...there is something unique about them these days!

Coka

We had no idea, prior to the cruise, that we were not allowed to bring alcohol aboard!!
We've never been caught before, but we have brought stuff onboard. I'm sure that they only catch a small percentage of what people bring, but that the thought of the naughty room stops many others. I will order a bar set up for my next two cruises, but that doesn't mean that I'll never try again.

Yes Coka, too bad!

I appreciate your review -- we were thinking of taking some "contraband" also and I think your review has persuaded us not to!!! Don't want to get sent to the naughty room. Do they ever do anything other than keep your alcohol? It would be devastating not to be able to go on the cruise!! I am also extremely worried about seasickness....we are going on the Majesty 3/15. Can't wait -- first cruise and extremely nervous!!!

We order the bar set-up, wouldn't want to have to go to the "naughty room"...I like my luggage delivered fast;)

If they take your alcohol, you can get it back at the end of your cruise.

I was also extremely nervous on our first cruise. We got on the ship and I walked out on the balcony and told DH "what was I thinking...I can't do this":eek: ....now I can't stop cruising.

I did go to the drugstore before we cruised and picked up every med I could find and the bracelets. I saved the receipt and returned it all when we got home.

Have a great cruise. You will love it:)

Archived