Anything You Ever Needed to Know About Carnival FREEDOM

kiffrig

FYI, regarding the mini-fridge in the rooms on the Freedom....if they are anything like the ones on the Liberty (sister ship) they didn't keep things very cold. We (thankfully) had taken a soft-sided cooler on board with us and ended up using it in our room. Our steward filled it with ice every day and it kept all of our beverages nice and cold. I would highly recommend this to anyone wanting things to be cold in their rooms. The fridge is not going to cut it, in my opinion.

Happy Cruising!

CPT -

Sorry for the phrasing. Yes, you can adjust your tip any way you wish during your cruise. You can remove it, add to it, give it in cash, etc. And I also agree about the refrigerator temperature. On each of our cruises, our sodas were never really cold. Kiffrig is right - I probably wouldn't trust milk to stay fresh too long in it, now that I think of it.

No the frig wasn't very cool. And the steward won't take it out of your cabin, she just put ours under the sofa. As for the soft sided cooler -NanaShirl bought one from Carnival for this very reason and it leaked all over everything on the dressing table. CURLING IRON! If you use a curling iron for your hair and for you it is necessary to see the back of your hair--TAKE the extension cord they all say to take. There is only one plug and it is on the dressing table and it isn't very handy for doing your hair in the bathroom. There is a plug in the bathroom but nothing of mine would plug in it.

Our soft sided cooler did leak a little bit (not a ton), but we put a towel under it and it was fine. We changed the towel when necessary and it worked great all week.

The plug in the bathroom is a small plug and does not fit anything "normal" in it. I have heard they are for razors or something, but my husband had an electric razor one time and it worked in a regular outlet plug, so who knows?

Does anyone of pictures of the Freedom? Common areas, cabins, lounges, pools? I would love to see some pics from those of you who have sailed. I have already been to webshots and have looked at the ones out there, but I'd like to see some others ones, too, if anyone has them. It would be great to get a good collection of photos going out here. Please post them in this thread, if you have them and don't mind sharing.

Thank you!

Just booked balcony gtr on the Freedom march 29th, have a couple of questions. what are the dinner times at the different dining rooms. I would perfer the dinning room rear by the cigar room, I think that is the posh? if so should I slect 8p for that late option?

reference the thread about the refrig in the rooms, is that suites or all rooms? can I expect to have a refrig in my balcony room?

What kind of movies/events can I expect on the lido deck screen at night?

does anyone have a copy of the capers they could share?

We just got back from the Freedom on Sat.

The dining times were:

Posh (aft) 5:45 and 8

Chic (middle) 6:15 and 8:30

We were in Chic at 6:15 but ate breakfast and lunch in Posh a couple of times. We liked the Posh better.

There are refrigerators in all balcony cabins.

The movies showing while we were on Spiderman 3, Breach, some movies for children. There were a couple of others but can't remember them.

Didn't bring my capers home this time.

Don't miss Ron in the Piano Bar. He is great.

Food was good, Shows were good and we enjoyed our cabin. We were in 8359.That cabin does have some plumbing problems - had to have them come and work on on the toliet 3 or 4 times - It would work for a while after they worked on it and then would quit flushing again.

Have a great cruise.

Does anyone of pictures of the Freedom? Common areas, cabins, lounges, pools? I would love to see some pics from those of you who have sailed. I have already been to webshots and have looked at the ones out there, but I'd like to see some others ones, too, if anyone has them. It would be great to get a good collection of photos going out here. Please post them in this thread, if you have them and don't mind sharing.

Thank you!

Don't know if you have seen these:

http://www.zydecocruiser.com/free07/ship/ship.htm

http://www.zydecocruiser.com/free07/ship/ship2.htm

http://www.zydecocruiser.com/free07/ship/ship3.htm

Nanashirl, thanks for the quick answer, we are very excited, our first 7 day cruise our other 4 were all 5 day on the imagination, finally found a way to get away fromt he kids for 7 whole days.

one more question, how manay formal nights and when were they?

did you eat in the supper club?

The formal nights were on Sunday (Captains Cocktail Party was before dinner) and Thursday night (past guest party before dinner). We didn't eat in the Supper Club but heard that it was good. We just enjoyed our waiters in the dining so much hated to miss dinner there.

The formal nights were on Sunday (Captains Cocktail Party was before dinner) and Thursday night (past guest party before dinner). We didn't eat in the Supper Club but heard that it was good. We just enjoyed our waiters in the dining so much hated to miss dinner there.

we have always enjoyed our dinner dining room expereinces, with 5 kids most of our dinners at home are on the run. Not planning on making any resvervations for th super club until we get on see how we like our dinner arrangements. Do they have a lot of booths or tables? we definitely perfer tables?

There were some booths but most were tables. I wish that we had requested the lower floor. We were on upper floor of Chic. You can't see when the waiters do their dance and sing. With children they would probably really enjoy the lower floor. When you get on ship go to the dining room and check out your table and if it is not what you want talk to the M'atride and see if you can change it. Wish we had done that.

DH & I are FIRST TIME CRUISERS, sailing the Freedom, Grand Mediterranean out of Civitavecchia Italy, Oct 1, 2008! I love all your photos of the ship...can't wait to show them to DH tonight!

It looks like a wonderful ship! Thank you for taking so many photos and for taking the time to post them here!

No kids this trip just DW and I for some much needed alone time. Is there an adults only area or pool to hang in during the day. we are not going to complain if a kid comes by just wondering if there is an area we should look to get chairs in that is better then others? My DW enjoys laying in the sun on the sea days. does not need to be right by the pool.

thanks again

In reference to the dining room- we were in Posh (5:45) and had a booth for 4 on the upper level. Seat was great - we overlooked the downstairs, and saw everything. As far as an adult only area - no such animal, though the aft pool definitely had way fewer kids than the Lido mid-ship pools. As one of the hottubs is "adults only", that probably helped. We spent 95% of our time at the aft pool. If there are no seats by the aft pool (area is quite small) try one deck up aft. Plenty of spots, and you can easily get food/drinks/cooled off in the pool/hottubs by walking down the stairs right there. We sailed at a "prime time", and finding chairs anywhere by 8 a.m. was tough.

In reference to the dining room- we were in Posh (5:45) and had a booth for 4 on the upper level. Seat was great - we overlooked the downstairs, and saw everything. As far as an adult only area - no such animal, though the aft pool definitely had way fewer kids than the Lido mid-ship pools. As one of the hottubs is "adults only", that probably helped. We spent 95% of our time at the aft pool. If there are no seats by the aft pool (area is quite small) try one deck up aft. Plenty of spots, and you can easily get food/drinks/cooled off in the pool/hottubs by walking down the stairs right there. We sailed at a "prime time", and finding chairs anywhere by 8 a.m. was tough.

The aft pool being the one labled "ENDLESS POOL" on the lido deck? back by the Grille and Pizza? thanks I am sure ours being a Spring Break Cruise (March 29) that the chair hogs will be out in force.

Yes, the pool located by the grill. I didn't even know it had a name! Always call those pool the aft pools! We are also hitting Spring Break (public schools in NY/NJ off the week of our cruise - April 19) so I am sure it will again be difficult to find a chair. Oh well - that should be our only problem on our vacation!

Yes, the pool located by the grill. I didn't even know it had a name! Always call those pool the aft pools! We are also hitting Spring Break (public schools in NY/NJ off the week of our cruise - April 19) so I am sure it will again be difficult to find a chair. Oh well - that should be our only problem on our vacation!

Exactly, just the idea you are on vacation in a fun/sun location is good enough for me. Small things do not brother my DW and I we ALWAYS enjoy ourselfs and smile a lot, so we will definitely be happy while on a cruise.

I have heard good and bad about the fish and chips? anybody have experience they would care to share? I love fried oysters and this will be our first cruise with that available.

Truthfully, I have never had success with the fish and chips. Always find them too greasy for my taste. (that goes for the calamari, etc.) But... sitting upstairs by the fish and chips place is a great place to sit - can always find a table there, while the buffet seating areas are jammed.

Shirl...you were just down the hall from us as we were in 8385. My group that was with us kept remarking about the texas crowd that was near us. My sis lives south of Ft Worth in Cleburne so they are familiar with the texas items on your door!

Hope you had a great trip.

what was used to keep things on the door? Was it magnets? I tried using Magnets on the Escasty and they wouldn't stick. I thought maybe carnival did not have Metal doors.

Thanks for any info.

We used that sticky stuff that you use for poster boards. I got it at the craft store and it worked good. Just put a piece at each corner and stuck the sign on. It came off of door easy. The door was metal and I also had put some magnets on it and they stayed.

crisndeefromde - wish we had known what cabins you were in. We only met a couple of people from cruise critic.

Had a great time.

shirl

Truthfully, I have never had success with the fish and chips. Always find them too greasy for my taste. (that goes for the calamari, etc.) But... sitting upstairs by the fish and chips place is a great place to sit - can always find a table there, while the buffet seating areas are jammed.

I echo that. I did try the fish and chips on my Freedom cruise. They were good - not great. I thought the fried oysters were very good. And they had some sashimi tuna on watermelon slices which was good. Also have malt vinegar for your fries - delicious!!

The seating area around Fish and Chips may be the best kept secret on the ship. Was never crowded. Just take the staircase on either side of the center dessert station.

Archived